+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How heart breaking for your darling son. What is the world coming to when children as young as this are being so spiteful? No new advice OP, just adding to the wonderful support for you and your son already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    just huge hugs.....i hope all the wonderful advice given helps and that he feels better about things soon

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    definitely have a calm discussion with the school admin.

I would be contacting the GO first maybe? and then the principal / deputy.

BEFORE you have the meeting, just have a quiet calm chat to your little guy - express that you're his mum and you love him and you need to know what is going on ... ask for specifics (carefully) so that you can then look at passing this information on to the staff.

Bullying is not tolerated at my school either .. ESPECIALLY physical bullying .. thats a first strike you're out in our school - physical contact is simply no allowed.

I would be checking the school behaviour management policy too - to see if they support a no tolerance approach ??

big to your boy - there is nothing worse than feeling as if you have no worth .. he needs to know that he IS important .. that he IS someone special and that he IS loved heartbreaking for you as a mum too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 year old says he's being bullied and doesn't want to be alive anymore.

My son is 7 and says the exact same things. And pretends he's sick so he won't have to go, he cries and gets upset. Then if we keep him home he's fine and happy to play with his little brother.

We spoke to the teacher about it and it seems to have gotten a lot better.
    He says he still gets bullied but lately we have caught him out a few times and he's been making things up for sympathy and attention.

Make sure you speak to the teacher about it. Because sometimes kids ideas of bullying are not the same as ours and can be quite sensitive.
    Not saying that your son is lying.
    But we found almost 9x out of 10 it's been my son being sensitive, if someone doesn't wanna play a game he wants etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 year old says he's being bullied and doesn't want to be alive anymore.

I went though exactly the same thing! I had the same break down in the car with my dad, he took me home and then realized that I'd been 'sick' a lot for months.

He confronted me about it, I opened up and after he discussed it with mum, they decided to move us away.

It was the best thing they could have done. I went to the next school and had heaps of friends and no problems.

It wasn't that I didn't know how to handle bullies because my parents had brought me up to be nice and respectable to everyone at all times. I also had heaps of friends then, only, there were a few girls that had it in for me. I did everything I could. I asked them to stop. I ignored them. I stayed out of there way. But when these bullies get an idea, all those things don't help. They became physical and had my dad not made the move when he did, I can't say how it would have turned out.

Now, at 25, I'm perfectly happy and have never had issues again. But I am eternally grateful for having parents who listened to me and believed how much I was suffering and actually DID something about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering why it's always the victim that has to move classes or schools and not the bullies? Surely it would be better to move the bullies as part of their punishment, unless of course the victim wants to move.
    Also, surely teachers pick up on this sort of stuff, would it not have warranted a phone call to the parents earlier.
    But I am yet to experience a school aged child, god help the monster who picks on my child I'll go up at lunch time and pretend I'm the nurse from the doctors clinic bringing him his bed wetting medication! (Not that bed wetters deserved to be picked on in the slightest!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Just wondering why it's always the victim that has to move classes or schools and not the bullies? Surely it would be better to move the bullies as part of their punishment, unless of course the victim wants to move.
    Also, surely teachers pick up on this sort of stuff, would it not have warranted a phone call to the parents earlier.
    But I am yet to experience a school aged child, god help the monster who picks on my child I'll go up at lunch time and pretend I'm the nurse from the doctors clinic bringing him his bed wetting medication! (Not that bed wetters deserved to be picked on in the slightest!)
    Unfortunately my teachers had no idea!! And if my parents had insisted they do something about it, it would have meant my sitting in a class room with a teacher every lunchtime. And I would have hated that just as much.

Teachers don't know, and I hate it, but how could we expect teachers to know all that goes on with their students when the classes are as large as they are!! Also bullies are great at acting like angels when they need to, so you couldn't really prove it unless you caught them on video!