+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OPK query

This cycle I have tried OPKs, but with not much success.

I have been testing since cd11 at around 6pm each evening (when I get home from work usually). Had a faint line last night & tonight, but nowhere near the colour of the control line. I ordered these OPKs online as a bulk lot so it is a bit disappointing! At cd 15 today, so will continue to test for the rest of the week, incase I am O'ing later in my cycle than I thought. Have dtd the past 3 days anyway, just in case (cm indicated now is not a bad time!!)

DH goes away for work for the next 4 days...totally frustrating if this week is actually the right time!

Wondering if I should try a more expensive sort of OPK...any recommendations? Or do these tests just not work for everyone? Any useful info/opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    You need to test twice a day around ovulation time as a surge can come and go in as little as 6 hours. Once you get the surge you will ovulate 12-48 hours afterwards.

You may have missed it only doing it once a day or you may just be having a late ovulation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm twice a day...dunno how I missed that bit of info! I was just told to test between 2pm & 8pm daily.

What times should I do it? The toilet configurations at work would not really be good for trying to discreetly pee in a cup...arrrgh!! Not at all 'private'

Never mind. If no bfp this month, will try the twice daily OPK next time. I've literally done all I can for this cycle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default OPK query

I usually O cycle day 12, and thought my OPKs were faulty this month. Turns out this month I actually o'd on day 17 ( I think the evening primrose oil I started taking delayed my ovulation). I've been using cheap OPKs - fertility2family and oracle. The oracle ones work better for me cos the control line is darker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    about lunch time then 6pm ish are the best times. I buy internet cheapies off ebay and they work fine and keep the cost down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was using David brand internet cheapie OPKs for a few months before TTC, and never got a test line quite as dark as the control line. However, we still got a BFP, so there must have been enough LH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long are your cycles normally?

I had 34 day cycles so I always O'd on CD20 (pos OPK on CD18) and my test line was never quite as dark as the control but I knew that I'd had a surge because on CD19 the test line was almost non-existent again.

I only ever tested once a day (around 6pm) but maybe I was just lucky that I got my surge at the time I tested. If you can, testing twice a day for your next cycle (if you don't get a BFP by then) might be worth a try.

BTW, I only used internet cheapies too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cycles are around 29 days. Guessing I O between day 14 and 16? This is only my third cycle off the pill though, so who knows? I have been surprised that my cycles have been pretty clockwork since coming off the pill. I do hope that is a good sign!