Closed Thread
Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to all the new ladies to the thread & congratulations! xx

Pippi - I'm a teacher too (but only temporary) so my contract expires at the end of this term. I'm actually feeling really good about NOT going back next term. (I'm exhausted and counting down the days already.)

Speaking of teaching, I'm sitting here writing 26 report cards for my year 1 students and wishing it was Christmas already.

We have our early gender scan tomorrow (16 weeks!!!!) so cross your fingers baby gives us a good potty shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weird, I thought I had replied to this thread... it seems to have disappeared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi01, a cervical stitch is otherwise known as a cerclage and its used where there's a suspicion of cervical incompetence or weak cervix. It's done to hopefully hold the cervix closed so one can carry the baby as close to term as possible. I'm having it done because I lost a preg earlier this year at 13 1/2 wks when my waters broke. As a precaution I'm having the stitch this time. Fingers crossed!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due April/May/June 2013

Pippi01 - I'm aiming at having a year off. I'm hoping that I can pick a part time job at my work after a year but if not I want something part time. But that all depends on the funds!

I have a question too:

When do you start getting ready for baby? I'm a little bit of an organisational freak so I want to be prepared early but thinking that its a little early to start buying stuff before my first scan!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I work for myself and do fairly physical work. I'm hoping to be able to work my normal hours until Easter (35 weeks) and then I hope to maybe do a day a week to look after my regulars.

I have to go back very quickly but can set my hours and have a hubby who can work from home to look after bubby. Probably go back after 12 weeks and only do a day and a half max, just to pay the businesses bills as they will be mounting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Sorry I have nt been on bh is still not playing fair

Welcome to all the newbies congratulations how exciting
    Pippi answer to your question I will take a year off and then re asses it all depending on how I'm going in the money??? It's a bit of the unknown when your going it alone?? But I will just see how I go I'm so used to living the good life only having me to spend my money on lol

Caketin re your question of starting shopping go for it loL I started shopping when I started the ivf journey So you can imagine after the years of the journey I have a lot of stuff lol when you looking at prams look at amazon as they are heaps cheaper even with shipping

Mrsjagar congratulations on your scan yahoo

Maryz good luck with the stitch and the rest afterwards

Afm I saw my new ob the other day and he did a scan and I heard the heart beat which was amazing he is going. To get me in every week for the few weeks just for my piece of mind to make sure bubs is growing well he does this for his ivf ladies as he knows how hard we have worked to get this far and how stressful it has been so I think that's so nice and there's no cost I have been feeling really good my only thing is tiredness but my mum says that's all she had so I'm trying not to worry that I don't have many symptoms oh I pee heaps lol

I hope everyone else is feeling goodxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

11 Weeks today and feeling pretty great first OB appointment today which reminds me Mrs Jaguar - Good luck with your gender scan hope bub plays nice and gives you a glimpse.

I plan to stop working around easter or within two weeks after and have 6-8 weeks off before baby arrives. I intend to be a SAHM for as long as we can at least 3 years I plan to study once the bub is 6-12 months old so we are just going to see how it goes and hopefully if all goes well once i stop breastfeeding we may start another round of ivf and make a 3rd!!! I know crazyplanning ahead for another and not 12 weeks yet.

Once we have the 12 weeks scan we will start buying pram cot, bassinet/hammmock, change table, clothes linen etc. I didn't think I would get this chance again so didn't keep anything from my first pregnancy.

Have a great week ladies and those with scans good luckand hope everything is perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck today Mrsjaguar!

Leannap - my ob is very similar to yours. I see him again in 5 weeks then once a month until 28 weeks then every fortnight until I am due! I am also feeling pretty good, which worries me too. I also have extreme tiredness esp at night time, pee loads and I have outgrown my normal bras!!

Good to see that everyone is going well!

I am going to wait until 20 weeks or so for the big stuff. There is a possibility that we are buying a new place to move into before bubs comes along. So I don't want to build and collapse items before we move. But I have bought an outfit for bubs! Also we are going to find out the gender so I can buy gender related stuff. We have been looking at prams and cots.

My DH doesn't want a big pram, but I like the strider compact. We may get the strider agile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first ob appointment went great. Baby measuring on dates. Arms and legs swining wildly. Went through all my history he had dug out my previously file from 2002 and my birth file etc.

See him again the 3rd December Fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay!! That is great news Bellavista. How far along are you now?