+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110
  1. #41
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,727
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Because people like to have adults only functions. He is an adult and cousin of the groom and the groom also wants him there.
    Why is it ok to have adult only functions, and not able bodied only functions?

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    delirium  (19-08-2012)

  3. #42
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,727
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    It really just makes me think that brides think their day is a photo shoot and anyone that doesn't fit the picture should not be there.

    FL - There are many reasons that people exclude children, in our family there a so many cousins and they have so many kids people often have to exclude the kids (25 cousins plus most have partners and 52 kids, that is a lot of bodies. The kids have been known to outnumber the adults at events) but in this case he is not a child but a young man with a disability, the groom wanted him there and it seems the reason he is not included is because he has severe autism. So they are excluding 1 person, not even a whole group of people.
    Why do adults automatically get to go? Why not say- 2 representatives from each family or something.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    602
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm wondering how important it is for her to have a church service? Is it because she wanted the photos to be "traditional churchy" type, or because she actually is religious?

    There could be some really interesting readings chosen to be read at the service - or perhaps someone could phone the priest and ask him to make special mention of 'inclusion of family' in the sermon (although dragging a good priest into a petty arguement is going to far obviously).

    Just incredible. Heaven help all the family if she has a child with special needs.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Why is it ok to have adult only functions, and not able bodied only functions?

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Because it's discriminatory.
    Are we heading into discrimination against children territory?

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,113
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked
    653
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Why do adults automatically get to go? Why not say- 2 representatives from each family or something.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    But that's not what she's doing. EVERY OTHER COUSIN is invited except this one. Choosing not to have children there is one thing and if they'd chosen not to have children there than maybe I could understand why they also didn't want the cousin there MAYBE.. but that's not the case. A young child is just as likely to disrupt the service as this young man and from the sounds of things he's only going to perhaps make a few noises and rock back and forth.

  7. #46
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,727
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Because it's discriminatory.
    Are we heading into discrimination against children territory?
    I honestly don't see the difference.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,923
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked
    1,820
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

    I see your point fearless leader but it seems you're going off on a tangent and not a very constructive one. Let's try and be supportive and constructive here, this is a horrible situation for this lady so let's keep the chat nice

  9. #48
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I honestly don't see the difference.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    How egalitarian of you

  10. #49
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is just about one of the most DISGUSTING things I have ever heard.

    There is no way on earth I would attend, and I would also pen a letter outlining exactly why to the cow of a bridezilla.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

    Chippa  (19-08-2012),wherewerewe91  (19-08-2012)

  12. #50
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,727
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    I see your point fearless leader but it seems you're going off on a tangent and not a very constructive one. Let's try and be supportive and constructive here, this is a horrible situation for this lady so let's keep the chat nice
    LOL she's talking about her neighbour, not her own kid, so hardly her 'situation' I don't think she needs a support group.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sending your kids into the world. Spinoff
    By Ffrenchknickers in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 22:36
  2. *spinoff* show me your tummy after kids
    By jagamoe in forum General Chat
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 15:33
  3. **spinoff a spinoff** what do you wear to bed?
    By Mopoke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 09:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›