ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Flea Treatments for Pets...Are they safe for PG women?

Hello Everyone,
    just wondering if anyone knows whether flea treatments for pets are safe around pregnant women? Googled but couldnt find anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I treated my animals while pregnant, but was super careful about skin contact.

If you are talking the bombs, I didn't use them as didn't feel comfortable with having to clean all the residue off while pregnant. I just vacuumed every second day instead.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

wilson joy  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've just started my pets on garlic tablets and was dubious but surprisingly I can't see a single flea on them now! They have one a day. I don't like using commercial flea treatments while I'm pregnant or even once bubs is here. We also bought diatomaceous earth when it was summer as we couldn't get rid of the little buggers. You sprinkle it on your carpets and it dries out the fleas outer shell like a dehydrator. Then u vacuum a few days later. It's natural. Good luck, they can be very hard to get rid of, and our pets are completely indoors too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

wilson joy  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Garlic? I hadn't heard that one. I might give it a go as they have been so bad here that the dog was banished from the house. We flea the animals regularly but nothing has completely gotten rid of them this year.

Adding garlic tablets to the shopping list!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes my MIL told me and I thought no chance but they seem to have disappeared around here! Just make sure its a pet one, as I know garlic is on the toxins list for animals, but the pet tablets they can take. We had them so terribly bad last summer I woke up to about 20 bites over my legs and bum I couldn't believe it. We never had them until my MIL bought some stray kittens into our house
    Then we couldn't get rid of them! Its really cold at the moment so I don't know what summer will hold for us, they may come back as I know the pupae (sp?) can lay dormant for up to 12 months. They really are the worst things ever to get rid of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all for your contributions. I bought oral flea and worm tablets and my beloved did the job, but for next month, the garlic tabs sound great

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    yes my MIL told me and I thought no chance but they seem to have disappeared around here! Just make sure its a pet one, as I know garlic is on the toxins list for animals, but the pet tablets they can take. We had them so terribly bad last summer I woke up to about 20 bites over my legs and bum I couldn't believe it. We never had them until my MIL bought some stray kittens into our house
    Then we couldn't get rid of them! Its really cold at the moment so I don't know what summer will hold for us, they may come back as I know the pupae (sp?) can lay dormant for up to 12 months. They really are the worst things ever to get rid of.
    Cool. Thanks! Will check it out