+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just found out and now have flu like symptoms

Hi all

Only very new to the forum. I found out on Thursday that I was pregnant. Wasn't exactly trying but wasn't preventing either. I didn't even realise until I started feeling soooo tired and a bit crook... then realised I was 5 days late so went to the chemist to get some tests... did one at lunch time and got a super strong positive within 10secs. Tried another one the next morning and same thing. My other half is super happy which is great but its now Saturday and I am feeling like death.

My "morning" sickness is actually night sickness and I'm in bed by 7.30pm but Ive also developed some horrible flu like symptoms such as headaches, stuffyness and that horrible pain that seems to affect every bit of my skin. Did anyone else get this and what can I take to help with the pain/headaches? I'm obviously avoiding taking anything at the moment but I can't lay on the couch all day long as much as I would love to...

Ive got a doctors appointment on Monday that was booked before I found out but perfect timing I guess... Im going to assume that they will tell me what I need to do next.

Thanks for your help

Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Congrats on the positive! I'm no expert on pregnancy symptoms.... But sounds to me like you have caught the flu!!! You might need to lie on the couch for days to rest (though I spent majority of my first trimester lying on the couch ). Good luck!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Watch your temp, high temps in early pregnancy are not good - so make sure you are watching that temperature and controlling it with panadol. Don't take any medications other than panadol and if you want to use something call the chemist and ask them if it is safe for use during pregnancy. The first trimester is the most sensitive to toxins so be extra careful with what you take.

Book in with an OB and while you are on the phone let the receptionist know you have the flu and would like some advice.

Flu in pregnancy is not dangerous if you keep your temperature in check (especially in the first trimester) and if you make sure your fluids are up because it can cause dehydration.

But always best to involve the doctor or OB for advice.

Hope you start to feel better soon and congrats.

Thanks
    Reviews

My OB told me Panadol and Panadeine are safe during pregnancy, I've used both.,

Stay away from cold n flu meds, sore throat meds etc.. All dangerous during pregnancy. Stick with home remedies (ie honey lemon, or salt gargles for sore throats)

And congrats on ur pregnancy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses. Glad to hear about panadol... if it gets completely unbearable I'll take a couple. Im lucky and haven't got a fever... just general feeling unwell. This afternoon and tomorrow I will do nothing but rest. Really dont want to feel any more unwell than I already am.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Just found out and now have flu like symptoms

Don't wait use the panadol to stop your fever getting to bad. If you wait it may bee to late for your bub especially this early.
    Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub