+ Reply to Thread
    earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Default Do you have a mirena??

I am currently looking into getting the mirena put in. I am on no contraception as I do not mix well with the pill, but my periods since having DD#2 are horrendous... heavy, painful & last around 10 days. I cant take it any more!

Someone suggested the mirena is great for women with heavy periods.

I would love ANY feedback, good or bad about it please

TA!

EF x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Subbing - I'm planning on getting the marina after iv had bubs so would love to hear what others think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont do it just got mine out. The side effects are shocking. No libido, mood swings, painfull breasts. And many other things

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Dont do it just got mine out. The side effects are shocking. No libido, mood swings, painfull breasts. And many other things
    Agree.

I had one years ago and after 18 months and a break down I had it taken out, worst thing ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had the mirena put in last week. It hurt more than labour pains! I needed an anesthetic! And I've bled/spotted every day since. I was told that it's true effects will take 3-4mths to sort out.

So still waiting. Just thought I'd let you know how putting it in went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had mine in for nearly 2 years now. Was a little uncomfortable when putting it in but totally bearable. Some cramping for the rest of the day that settled the next day. Only mild spotting every 3 months or so. ZERO side effects here. Love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've had mine in for a month now - don't regret it
    I suck at the pill & as I do not want anymore kids it works well.

At the moment I still have to wear liners but the bleeding is minimal.

Everyone reacts different, I've found I have more of a sex drive - which made hubby happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had mine in for 4 years. It was a little painful getting it put in and some cramping for about a week. Once it settled down it was fine.

I have always had very heavy periods that last about 10 -12 days with lots of cramping and feeling nauseous. With the mirena in I have no period at all!!

Once a month I get some slight twinges of cramping for a day or 2 and some bloating. But that's it! I haven't noticed any other side effects - I love it!

When it was first put in DH could feel the wire/string and my ob did say if it didn't settled down within a couple of months to come back and she could shorten it - but after a couple of months it must have moved because DH said it was no longer noticeable.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had mine in for 10 months. Very minimal spotting for the first 4 months. I 'think' i had a period 3 weeks ago, slightly heavier than spotting (wearing light flow pad). It lasted about a week. When I say, not sure if it was my period it was because it was so light. I guess I'll know if it returns in a week or so . I have had no side effects. Normal libido, normal moods. Get it inserted by a Gyno,not a GP. I was told it could be painful because I have never dialated in labour (Dr puts it through your cervix) but it was a little painful but no more than a pap smear IMO. The pain only lasts 3 seconds, then some period like cramping for the rest of the day. Gyno told me Mirena has about one third of the progesterone release that the mini-pill has over the entire week. I couldn't tolerate the mini- pill or the implanon. Both turned me into a pimply b#tch.

But the mirena is awesome! Highly reccomend and I have tried EVERY time of contraception