Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Letter to Tizzie Hall

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Please find that thread, point it out and I will happily explain!

Sorry I can't help it re the nitpicking. However You guys do make it easy for me with so many inaccuracies riddled in your biased posts.
    I don't really have time to search through threads, but you have contradicted yourself and obviously you remember because you have offered to explain further.

You have said you have read other books, but you always suggest others haven't read it. I've actually got the book and it's gathering dust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought you were talking about your bub, when they went to sleep at night!

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Overnight? In a childcare centre? No, we only have them through the day. And by unattended, I mean they are never out of view. So they can see and hear us if we are changing another bub or they can be with us if we are feeding another bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You only have to look at the record number of thanks to the OP to see it struck a cord . If I had listened to people and not gone with my strong instinct as a first time mum to attend to my child 24/7 I worry so much how he would be now. He has autism ( from birth) was my first and they only time he stopped crying at night was asleep with me . Our connection is wonderful , he sleeps , he goes to preschool without tears and happily , if I had gone down Tizzies path how much more anxiety and lack of trust would he of had? How much more damage. Tizzies approach may work for a baby that is a relaxed and easy baby but not for many with extra needs. As a first time parent the book could cause babies with extra undiagnosed needs to suffer more. I knew my first needed me more , my instinct said even though he was not diagnosed until three. My instinct with number two told me doesnt need as much as he is more independant and calm . No nanny could of felt or told me that, no book, no health professional . Instinct.
    Having said that I know of people , loving wonderful parents who have used her methods and swear by them , they also have a great bond with there kids. But me, I'm not a fan at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Dummies: 9 years ago SIDS And Kids stated that babies who have full access to the breast on demand are better to have that over a dummy, but babies who were unable to have unrestricted access to the breast were advised to use a dummy. That's what I went with. Not some book by someone with no children or formal wualifications, not to mention it wasn't around at that time.
    Sounds like you used your commonsense and own judgement. Just like I do when using SOS. We have another thing in common

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Manny  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I thought you were talking about your bub, when they went to sleep at night!
    No lol, it's against company policy at work to leave them cry or leave them unattended for any reason. We also do checks every 2 to 5 minutes, going in and checking their breathing and everything. Someone said they have to do cc at work on request of the parents. We tell parents it is against policy to do this and explain that the other babies become distressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't really have time to search through threads, but you have contradicted yourself and obviously you remember because you have offered to explain further.

You have said you have read other books, but you always suggest others haven't read it. I've actually got the book and it's gathering dust!
    I have no recollection at all. But it's possible I've said things like "I don't do controlled crying". Which is true.

The Tizzie bashers are really plucking 'facts' from their heinekens tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sounds like you used your commonsense and own judgement. Just like I do when using SOS. We have another thing in common
    I followed SIDS advice. If I was not breastfeeding I would have followed their advice to use a dummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    You only have to look at the record number of thanks to the OP to see it struck a cord . If I had listened to people and not gone with my strong instinct as a first time mum to attend to my child 24/7 I worry so much how he would be now. He has autism ( from birth) was my first and they only time he stopped crying at night was asleep with me . Our connection is wonderful , he sleeps , he goes to preschool without tears and happily , if I had gone down Tizzies path how much more anxiety and lack of trust would he of had? How much more damage. Tizzies approach may work for a baby that is a relaxed and easy baby but not for many with extra needs. As a first time parent the book could cause babies with extra undiagnosed needs to suffer more. I knew my first needed me more , my instinct said even though he was not diagnosed until three. My instinct with number two told me doesnt need as much as he is more independant and calm . No nanny could of felt or told me that, no book, no health professional . Instinct.
    Having said that I know of people , loving wonderful parents who have used her methods and swear by them , they also have a great bond with there kids. But me, I'm not a fan at all.
    I agree with you. It doesn't suit every baby especially special needs ones. You did the right thing going with your instincts.

Any first time parent can make mistakes by reading any book philosophy and taking it literally. I imagine there are some that could follow an attachment parenting book blindly, and something will go wrong.

Parents need to understand the basics of babycare (sleep/feed needs), research widely and be confident enough to make their own commonsense decisions and not follow blindly.
    - I believe that pre natal classes should cover a lot more post-baby stuff to better prepare women. It shouldn't be up to google to help new mums.

On parenting forums such as this there's always going to be a higher portion of new age parents that subscribe to no-cry, no-routine philosophies.
    - I believe the majority of their criticism is unfounded, based on rumour and biased.
    - And I don't mean to offend the op, but I'm betting she did not implement SOS even remotely close to correctly.
    - if it's not someone's philosophy there's no shame in that and I won't bag them for it. Implement SOS incorrectly and then go on a nasty bashing session.. Damn right im going to call them out on that.
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-08-2012 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK you know what? I am SO SORRY OP that your awesome venting thread turned into THIS! Vicpark- You are a bully. Mods- this thread should be deleted because it is just going to go on.. and on.. and on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    OK you know what? I am SO SORRY OP that your awesome venting thread turned into THIS! Vicpark- You are a bully. Mods- this thread should be deleted because it is just going to go on.. and on.. and on.
    By bully do you mean standing up to a bunch of people going on a vindictive bashing session of an author and insulting mothers that follow the book?

Delete the thread? People are adults, they shouldn't need molly coddling! If it goes on and on who does that hurt? Don't like it, don't read it. Geesh!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Manny  (14-08-2012)