ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Backgroundnoise - surely your line couldn't have been any fainter than mine lol!! Cant believe your willpower not to test again! I'll be testing everyday now until AF due date has passed

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Super Duper September Testing Thread

Congrats powerpuff!!!! I can see it on the pic!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mumstheword88 For This Useful Post:

Powderpuff  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all the ladies with BFP

Any tips you can give the rest of us?? Let us know anything you ladies did to get that beautiful BFP - I am taking any tips on board!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ClaudiaW For This Useful Post:

Powderpuff  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats powderpuff!! Backgroundnoise, the suspense is killing me, hate to think how you'd be feeling!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just One Wish For This Useful Post:

Powderpuff  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Super Duper September Testing Thread

Congratulations powderpuff!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

Powderpuff  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Im so angry with myself I was determined not to test until Sunday but it got too much and today at 9dpo decided I'd POAS.....BFN....I feel shattered I am hoping that it's still a fraction too early and that there is still some hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Super Duper September Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mumstheword88 View Post
    Im so angry with myself I was determined not to test until Sunday but it got too much and today at 9dpo decided I'd POAS.....BFN....I feel shattered I am hoping that it's still a fraction too early and that there is still some hope
    Probably too early I'd say, isn't it 11-12dpo that's the most common to see an early positive, I think that's what I read somewhere. I think getting positive before then is pretty lucky. FX for you x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks princessleah for the positive words. Im not going to test again now. I think I'll wait and see if AF shows up because the disappointment of a bfn is too much for me. I know this is only my first cycle TTC and I know a lot of people try for so long but I was just hoping for some beginners luck. It's been such a long journey deciding to do this alone and now that I have made the decision I don't want to have to wait any longer haha! Unfortunately it's knocked my mood very low!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaW View Post
    Congrats to all the ladies with BFP

Any tips you can give the rest of us?? Let us know anything you ladies did to get that beautiful BFP - I am taking any tips on board!
    Hi ClaudiaW,

DH and I finally got a BFP on our 6th cycle since my D&C. There is SO much we have done so I don't know what did it for us this time but here are some of the changes we made:

3 months ago - DH had a sperm analysis which came back with lowish motility and morpholofy so I put him on supplements to improve sperm quality. I also put him on Zinc and 1000mg of Vitamin C per day. This was done under the care of my naturopath. I have a vitamin D deficiency so I was put on 15,000IU of vitamin D per day amongst many other supplements.

2 months ago - I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's so have been treated since with Thyroxine which I believe this has been a HUGE factor in my getting my BFP. My TSH levels dropped and I have read that there is a correlation between lower TSH and falling pregnant. We also started 50mg Clomid as my progesterone was low on my CD21 bloods. We got our BFP on my second cycle of Clomid. Becasue Clomid dries your CM up and mine is scant as it is, I started taking Evening Primrose Oil (3,000mg) per day two months before my BFP.

This cycle - I bought a Clearblue digital ovulation tester as I was finding OPK's really hard to read. The clearblue digi gives you a smiley face when you are ovulating so there's no way you can get the test reading wrong. I got a positive reading on 3rd September so we DTD that evening, at 7am the next morning and at midnight again. We also followed the SMEP religiously this month which we hadn't done previously.

Other than all of that, I can't really think what we possibly did different. Every month we tried something new so it's been a VERY exhausting process. best of luck to everyone and I sincerely hope every single one of you get your BFP and quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumstheword88 View Post
    Don't despair just yet. I caved and tested at 9dpo on an internet cheapy that looks kinda like a pregnosis test and saw nothing. I was less than impressed so I pulled the test apart and there was the faintest of faint lines. I'm not kidding, this thing was so faint I was POSITIVE I was imagining a line. You had to hold it at a certain angle and only under my bright heating bathroom light. Anywhere else, you couldn't see it. There was barely any colour so I chalked it up to an evap line. Tested again at 13dpo fully expecting to see a negative and there was a faint line but dark enough that you didnt' have to squint. Today is 15dpo and the line is a goodie so it may just be too early for you.

DH and I have been trying for over a year so whether you've been trying for 1 month of 1 year, I think the pain of a BFN is always the same.

Stay strong