+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 33 of 33
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Its so great to read such a post. We are 15 weeks with a 1 in 68 chance of downs and I thought I was going to have an amnio until the Ob explained that by the time you do the test and wait the 2 weeks for the definitive result termination is safest by being induced and 'giving birth' I totally freaked out and said no matter what was wrong with my child I could not do that. Even if it was a fatal condition I would prefer to let nature take its course so we decided no tests as I wouldn't terminate.
    I still think about the possibilities and our chances but I am hoping at our 20 week scan we will get a bit better idea and I can live with the 67 out of 68 chance that our baby is perfectly healthy for the rest of the pregnancy and then find out on the big day.
    What does scare me is my stepson who we have week about has a mild disability and severe medical condition and sometimes I get frustrated with him so I worry that I wouldn't do a good job being a fulltime parent to a more disabled child but I have decided to let fate take its course and will just do the best that I can with our new bub as we are doing now.
    Goodluck with your decision and I think if the results would affect your decision on termination then I would have the test done so that way you are fully informed. If you are definite on termination then I admire your courage to make that heart wrenching decision, it is not an easy one to make.
    I hope the news is good for you

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked
    1,195
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default To amnio or not

    Just thought id update. After finally deciding to make an appt and get the amnio done, got a referral and finally got a call this morning from the hospital saying because we are over 1:300 risk - we are not considered high risk and the test will not be offered through them. We could go privately but they don't recommend it as they perceive our risk is to low. So now after setting ourselves up for it - we are not going to be having it done. No idea if this is the right choice but I think we have decided. Just wish my stomach would get rid of the knots it has in it!!
    Thanks for all your input.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Hope those that decided to test got the results they were looking for and all the best to those still waiting or deciding.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone done CVS or amnio testing?
    By swedeendie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 07:25
  2. Having an Amnio today :(
    By CJWA in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20-06-2012, 10:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›