ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have 3 boys do we try for a girl one more time ?

Hi there
    I have 3 beautiful boys are very content however still have this yearning for s little girl. If we go for four 2 would have 2 share a room and we will need a new car, and finances would be stretched. There is also a huge possibilty it will be a boy. I am 35 so don't want to leave it much longer to decide, and I think I might regret not having 4 in a few years when it will be too late. Any advice appreciated? Thank u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you should go for it. You only get one life and if you will live it regretting not having a try for that little girl then that will be worse then the baby you will be holding, I once read a thread on regretting children, no person has, in that thread.
    Money will come and go, but the opportunity to have another darling little life won't always be there.
    You need to go with your heart and head tell you, and of corse your OH :-)
    Good luck I hope that you go for what You most feel best with :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

mummum3  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I say do it...worst case senario is you end up with another wonderful son - sounds like win-win to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

mummum3  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would rather have another another child than grieve and regret not going for it when i had the chance.

Good luck, hope you make a choice you are happy with.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, there is a 50% chance you'll have another boy. My advice is that you really need to want another baby because even if it's a girl, a baby is what you'll get.

That might sound a little strange, but in all my great longing for a daughter it hadn't really occurred to me that life changes to the same extent whether they're a boy or a girl, and what you really have to be prepared for is a baby!

If you can go into it hoping for a girl but happy to have a boy, then I say go for it! You won't die wondering... what if?

ETA Just in case you can't see my signature, I had three boys then a girl
    Last edited by lambjam; 09-08-2012 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice! I don't want to talk about it with friends as yet, so thanks hub bubbers! Yes think I should just do it hey! Gonna be hard but hey life is a challenge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you want another baby anyway and have a preference for a girl, then I'd say go for it.

If you're longing for a girl only and would be very disappointed if it was another boy, then I wouldn't recommend trying again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there OP,

Sorry, I know your thread is old and I just stumbled across it - I could have written this exactly!

I too am 35 and have 3 beautiful sons. We always thought we'd stop at 3 but I find myself increasingly asking "what if" in relation to having another roll of the dice to try for a girl and having a 4th child. Just curious if you decided to try for 4?

I found the replies to your thread really useful and will make DH read them as I am 80% sure I'd like a 4th whereas he is about 20%. It made sense to me that other posters are saying that it may be a regret if we didn't try before we ran out of time biologically speaking. Even if we got a 4th son we'd have another beautiful soul in our family, and at least we wouldn't have that niggling regret that we should have had just one more baby - if lucky enough to do so that is.

I hope you managed to come to the right decision for you and your family

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Have 3 boys do we try for a girl one more time ?

Just saying; have you also considered the possibility that you could have twins in your pregnancy? Like we wanted one more tried and were surprised with twins.

Just be prepared for all possibilities.
    xoxo

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    Well yes did decide to go number 4, I was pregnant it took me about 5 months to get pregnant as was trying to conceive a few days b4 ovulation. Sadly though just went for my 8 week scan and there was no heartbeat.
    So now I am really undecided to go back at all. I have 3 healthy boys and I really don't know if I can do it emotionally and physically