+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face it actually happened!

I have posted on here a couple of times before with pregnancy "scares", but this time was different... Everything was different. I did a home pregnancy test Tuesday night and turned out a positive pregnancy result within 30 seconds! Funny thing was, I was taking the pill at the time.

I am on the ball. the next morning I called the doctors and got in at 11, then had my bloods and dating scan all by 2pm. I am 6 weeks in and my due date is 31/3/13.

Being a first time mum, I have a few concerns about pregnancy. I keep getting sharp and Achy pains on the left side of my pelvis/groin that goes right down my leg. My belly isn't achy as much, but it tends to twitch a bit. Is this normal? My mum had a recent miscarriage at 43 so I am more concerned about these things than I normally would be.

There are other issues surrounding my partners family, but that I can handle. My partner wants me to consider abortion because our circumstances aren't ideal, but I am pretty set on having this child. His main concern is money, but I have enough support that money won't be an issue.

I feel like I'm in a dream atm ahahah. Is there anything else I should be expecting change wise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats!!!
    Have you joined our due in March group? Lots of lovely ladies there.
    We also have a fb group.
    Pains and cramps can be normal in pregnancy but if your worried maybe discuss with your doctor.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

uncertainwaters  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know that there was a group :-)
    I am not joining any public Fb forums or pages at this stage because my partner is so unsure. Unfortunately that limits my support network a fair bit for the time being as I can't tell many people yet either. The pains haven't been debilitating so I'm not that worried, just cautious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!! I'm not sure about other fb groups, but our nov 11 one is secret and noone would even know I was in it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! There's a lot of niggling aches and pains tht come with pregnancy if you're concerned though definitely speak to your doctor. Good thing you have support too, your partner may just need a little time to reflect and have it sink in? Congrats again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uncertainwaters View Post
    I didn't know that there was a group :-)
    I am not joining any public Fb forums or pages at this stage because my partner is so unsure. Unfortunately that limits my support network a fair bit for the time being as I can't tell many people yet either. The pains haven't been debilitating so I'm not that worried, just cautious.
    Its a completly secret fb group, but some people are still waiting to join later along.
    Our due in March group is great also.
    I am due on th 29/3/13 and still getting cramping. With my first every little pain freaked me out though still kinda does second time round

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha i hope so! He is considering the timing and our current situation... And i daresay his mother will be in his ear telling him what a terrible thing this is *rolls eyes*. After her reaction last night when i told her, i really don't think that being around her is the best thing for me or the baby healthwise at this stage. He is 27, she is just intrusive.

I am relieved to hear that the pains are normal, i tell you what though, this "morning" sickness is something else... Funny how people never tell you about the bad sides to pregnancy when you are growing up =P (at least not me anyway)