Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you use when AF visits?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristybabe View Post
    What about when your out or at work and use cloth pads? Do you put the used one in your bag?? Wouldn't it be gross by end of day??
    You can make/buy a leak-proof bag for used cloth pads, like the wet bags that mums and dads use for cloth nappies.

Not gross by the end of the day, no. You just throw it in the washing machine. I find it a bit amusing that some women are so grossed out by it... I can't count the amount of times when I was younger AF leaked onto my clothes and bed - I didn't throw out my entire outfits and beds every time I had a leak! It's no different.

I had to use disposable pads recently after about 5 years of cup using and cloth pads. Hated every minute of it. They are so uncomfortable, I leaked everywhere, I hated doing the walk of shame to the bin several times a day (not to mention what a waste), AF seemed just so much worse. Never. Again!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Izy  (24-10-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    FB me if you want any cup info Greeny

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tampons for me.
    For me i couldnt use anything else. The thought of having to wash blood makes my stomach churn.
    Though, my period is so light its barely there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might give it a go. To be honest I just cant justify the expense right now as we are TTC and I have an ample amount of disposable supplies to last me a life time. But in the future. Sure

For those whom wear a tampon and pad together and cant see the use of wearing a tampon, Are you wearing a super ? If it leaks that quickly, try going up a size? ( even the supers can still be "slim" ).

I personally have 4 days (only a 4 day period though) of crazy heavy which results in going through a super in 40 - 60 minutes so im forever rushing to the toilet with leaks. Ive taken to using maternity pads at night and most certainly need to wear a pad aswell as the supers just dont cut it.

Hence im worried about the cup usage requiring constant changing aswell and it sounds like I need more privacy, water, squatting room etc which is unavailable in a standard public toilet.

I cant see why cup usage would change a cycle to become lighter ? It doesnt effect hormones etc, It may appear lighter as tampons look like youve lost a litre of blood when really its like a spoon full but i cant see how using a different catchment method could change flow?

mmm certainly something to do in the future. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Does a cup contain latex?? I'm highly allergic??

Thanks
    Reviews

Does a cup contain latex??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: What do you use when AF visits?

There are Lots of different cups, I'm questioning myself now...

Mines entirely surgical grade silicon, I'm sure I've heard of a latex blend. I could be losing the plot though.

The theory on the lighter period is two fold.
    1. No chemicals (bleach etc) to throw your bacteria balance off

2. The blood moves at the rate that your body releases it, drip by drip rather than by absorption. Won't cease to release blood/collect blood just because your blood is a little viscous.

I guess it makes sense. When you're got a heavier period the tampon doesn't always expand to it's max cause it gets coated too quick...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

That's very true about tampons mind even the very large tampons don't expand properly when you are very heavy as they fill too quickly and don't soak up properly.

I use tampons through day and pads at night. But I hate the itchy sweaty-ness that pads cause. I feel horrible in them.

I'm considering cup/cloths bases on what some of you have said. But with the cup if you are forced to wipe with toilet paper when in public loos if there's no sink in room. Would you not be at risk from toilet paper with bacteria on it- ie from people flushing toilet without the lid down and there wee spraying up (which does happen and it's a freaky fear of mine lol!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsR2012 View Post
    I might give it a go. To be honest I just cant justify the expense right now as we are TTC and I have an ample amount of disposable supplies to last me a life time. But in the future. Sure

For those whom wear a tampon and pad together and cant see the use of wearing a tampon, Are you wearing a super ? If it leaks that quickly, try going up a size? ( even the supers can still be "slim" ).

I personally have 4 days (only a 4 day period though) of crazy heavy which results in going through a super in 40 - 60 minutes so im forever rushing to the toilet with leaks. Ive taken to using maternity pads at night and most certainly need to wear a pad aswell as the supers just dont cut it.

Hence im worried about the cup usage requiring constant changing aswell and it sounds like I need more privacy, water, squatting room etc which is unavailable in a standard public toilet.

I cant see why cup usage would change a cycle to become lighter ? It doesnt effect hormones etc, It may appear lighter as tampons look like youve lost a litre of blood when really its like a spoon full but i cant see how using a different catchment method could change flow?

mmm certainly something to do in the future. Thanks!
    Since using the cup my AF went from 7 days (with 2 heavy days) down to more like 5 days with just one heavy day. Like PP said, it doesn't absorb and you don't have the problem of tampons not absorbing properly.

I use the Lunette one which is made of surgical grade silicone. Honestly, anyone who tries it won't regret it. I wish I'd discovered it years ago. Using tampons and pads is utterly revolting, especially dealing with used ones. Obviously you don't flush tampons (well I hope nobody is, it's bad for the environment!!) so you have to deal with used ones, and I hated the smell of the used ones. Plus if I was staying at someones house they often didn't have a bin in the toilet so I had to very embarrassingly come out and find a bin.

With the cup, if I'm going somewhere I just empty it at home before I go so that I don't have to bother while I'm out. Even if I did it's not a big deal. I don't even have to squat to insert or remove it. I just stand a little bit over the toilet and make sure I have a good grip on it before I fully take it out.

It is a little confronting to deal with the blood at first, but you get over that pretty quickly. I just can't recommend them highly enough, I'll never use tampons again. Ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast