Just subscribing to this new thread
I'm having my biopsy and hysteroscopy on Tuesday. Helenmac are you having yours done this week too?
Results 11 to 20 of 938
12-08-2012 19:03 #11
13-08-2012 07:49 #12
Satelite - Welcome to the thread. It's good that your FS is very supportive of treatment for your high nk cells. Wishing you all the very best for your up coming BT.
Earthpower - I only had to wait 2 weeks for my biospy apointment and I just had the local blood tests done and no blood for Chicago as the result wouldn't change the way he would be treating me anyway so there wasn't much point. In regards to the biopsy I had one with Dr. Sacks but Dr. M can't read the results as the testing and done differently so I opted to have another one. Plus I have never had a hysteroscopy before so that will be done at the same time. It's up to you to decide on which tests you would like but if you have never had a biopsy before I think Dr. M will recommend that you have one.
Bella - Welcome to the thread. Yes I am having hysteroscopy and biopsy done Tuesday (tomorrow) too!! What time are you having yours? I think mine is around 2.00pm but the hospital should be calling today to confirm the time.
April - Thank you for your good luck wishes. I'll update tomorrow to let you all know how it went.
Hi to all the other ladies
13-08-2012 09:51 #13Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
I just wanted to do a quick reply on the courier as we had such an awful time of it working out how to do it.
1. The bloods can be taken at any time (check with Gwyneth of course but this is how it was for us and I had loads of tests - 16 vials for me and 4 for DP
2. I had the following tests and this is how much they cost in US dollars ($1160 in total):
Tissue Typing 86816 x 2 / 62.00
Leukocyte Antibody Detection Panel 86021 x 4 / 80.00
NK Assay Full Panel / 568.00
ThI/Th2 Cytokine Ratio /460.00
3. They can be done at any Laverty clinic as Martin from First Couriers in Sydney will pick up from anywhere. Cost was $450.
4. You will need to make an appointment at Laverty as that much blood takes time. I ended up making an appointment at Laverty in Miranda right next to Dr Matthias' surgery. I dealt with Anne (from memory). You will need to make the booking for early in the morning as Martin needs to pick them up and get them to the airport in time for an 11am flight to the States.
5. Be prepared to help wrap and label the blood. Our vials were wrapped in tissue paper at Laverty and placed in 2 plastic bags with our names on each vial. Don't worry about all of the instructions on the sheet from Dr Matthias about containers. Martin had a box waiting for us in the courier van which the bloods disappeared in to.
6. I contacted Chad at the Chicago clinic (email on the sheet from Dr Matthias) to let him know what day our blood would be arriving and to please ask them to look out for it.
7. Martin also phoned me to let me know that the blood had arrived in Chicago at the clinic and the name of the person who they were delivered to. All of which Chad confirmed.
8. Make an appointment with Gwyneth ASAP. And then keep phoning her every day (after a week) to see if all of the results are in. Mine ended up taking a couple of weeks but there was a 4 July holiday in the States.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
13-08-2012 17:41 #14Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
Hi Helenmac so far my blood tests are only local. I hope something can be picked up on those without needing more to send to the u.s but I don't like my chances of things being that simple! Hope your biopsy & hysteroscopy went well without to much pain.
Festivalgirl thanks for that info on the couriers, I will probably need that down the track.
14-08-2012 10:44 #15
Bella and Helen, best of luck with your biopsy and hysteroscopy today!!! I hope it will pain-free and you will recover soon!
Helen, how do Dr. M determine whether you should just do lcoal b/t or b/t in chicago. Is that based on the NK cell test Dr. Sacks did in the past. Just want to be prepared. Maybe also due to you are doing a FET cycle rather than a full stim cycle this time?
FG, thank you so much with the detailed information regarding courier, sounds like quite an intense experience!!! 16 viral of blood, oh well, nothing i haven't done it before anyway! Sign...
14-08-2012 16:06 #16
High Natural Killer Cells
The BTs that Dr M sent me for were local and bulk billed and he picked up an immune problem in them. They took about 15 or so vials of blood (and I passed out). I didn't end up having a biopsy.
I guess because mine was secondary infertility?
15-08-2012 08:29 #17
Earthpower - With my phone consult with Dr. M he looked at all my previous testing and suggested we have the local bloods done first and depending on what the findings are will determine if o/s bloods are required. On the 2nd phone apointment he didn't raise the question of Chicago bloods and it was just decided I would have the biopsy and hysteroscopy so he could determine just how severe my CD57 nk cells are.
Candy Sunny - Welcome to the thread.
Bella - How did you find the procedure yesterday? What time did you go in? I had a little discomfort aftwards but I'm totally fine this morning.
AFM: The hysteroscopy and endrometrial biopsy went well yesterday. I will have the results back in 2-3 weeks!!! More waiting time. On anti-biotics now for a week so at least that's all over and I'm moving closer to getting more answers. Can't wait to find out what the immune treatment plan will be and then I can book my FET in Cape Town!!
Hi to everyone else
Last edited by helenmac; 15-08-2012 at 10:57.
15-08-2012 19:18 #18Junior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Helen - Pleased the biopsy went well, always a good one to get over and done with.. hope you get some answers when you get your results back in a couple of weeks.
Just a quick one from me - have my blood test at Kogorah tomorrow then my first IVF cycle starting sometime mid next week. Quite nervous...
16-08-2012 12:34 #19
Thanks Helen and Nat for your replies, I guess everyone is different so I will just have to wait to see what kind of test Dr. M is ordering for me...
Glad you have done the hardest part now Helen, well, the wiating game is not fun either. But regardless what the result is, you will have a plan for the upcoming cycle and that is so exciting!
Satelliete, good luck with the b/t and I hope you graduate from the 1st round of IVF cycle.
16-08-2012 21:59 #20Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
I had my third appointment with Dr Matthias tonight prior to my stimulated cycle beginning in around 10 days with the divine Dr Reid at Genea.
I have high CD56 and high TNF alpha and 40 years old.
My treatment plan is as follows:
1. Currently on 25mg of prednisolone for 21 days prior to the cycle
2. From date of embryo transfer increase this to 35 mg.
3. From Day One start injecting clexane (Dr Matthias gave me a script for this but Dr Reid also mentioned that he would put me on this due to my heightened ANA of 1:640). I have to stop taking the clexane 2 days before the egg collection and then none on the day of egg collection and none on the day of transfer other than than those days keep taking it every day. And after transfer keep taking it.
4. Caltrate plus at least one per day.
5. And now for the big guns: IVIG infusion before transfer. No clear date for this yet until I know my transfer date. Dr M said that once I know the date for transfer phone Gwyneth to order IVIG and to arrange the date for infusion at Hurstville Private Hospital. Gwyneth has confirmed cost for the IVIG will be $2250 none of which can be claimed from Medicare. However, as I have private health insurance Hurstville won't charge me anything for having the infusion in a bed there. The infusions can only be done on a Saturday or Sunday.
6. Doxycycline - antibiotic - start 5 days before transfer and continue until the whole box is finished. Dr M said that this for the risk of infection from the catheter used in the egg transfer given my depleted immune system from all of the steroids.
7. Double the dose of progesterone that my IVF doctor tells me to take. The example he gave was if I am told 200mg of progesterone pessaries to take 400mg.
8. Folic acid until egg collection. I asked about fish oil as my naturopath has recommended that I take 3000mg and he said that that is fine to take.
9. If I get a BFP (I am so nervous I can scarcely write that) then I may need another booster of the IVIG after the first scan. He will monitor me from a BFP.
So here goes everything.
I will let you know how I get on and my fingers are crossed for all of you.
I hope you don't mind but I wanted to share this link with you from Dr Sher about Natural Killer Cells. Not sure if you have seen it already? It makes me so sad that according to Dr Sher I fall immediately into one of the categories that should be tested for immune issues before going down the long road of infertility, miscarriage and IVF. (I have a strong familial history of auto-immune disease as my mum as Hashimoto). Sigh. Oh well. On to it now.
With great hope for us all. Festival Girl. X
The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:
By helenmac in forum IVFReplies: 28Last Post: 30-07-2015, 18:57
By helenmac in forum IVFReplies: 43Last Post: 30-12-2014, 17:44
By troppogirl in forum IVFReplies: 17Last Post: 11-06-2012, 17:34
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
Growth Of Intellection. Discussion?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Anyone tried charcoal toothpaste?General Chat
I am... #20General Chat
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
First time school starters 2017 chat thread!School aged children