So i had a scan last week which showed my bubs measuring 3 weeks under and no heartbeat...(i was supposed to be 9 weeks) ive had repeat hcg tests and they've confimed my baby has passed, the levels are dropping. Im bleeding very very lightly I dont even really need a pad. My doctor has given me a referral to the Emergency Depatment of my local hospital where i had my daughter last year, im wondering if its ok to wait till thurs/fri to go? This might sound really really silly but i have no family in Victoria where i live and i want to wait till my MIL can come to care for my other children as my hubby works very long hours and while he could take 1 day off to look after the kids while im in it'll be nice to have her here so I dont have to worry about anything. Will this be ok? As long as I dont start bleeding heavily before of course. Ive rang ed and they basically couldnt tell me anything about what will happen when i go other than ill be checked by triage, possibly booked then and there or not.....helpful huh?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
07-08-2012 17:01 #1
Ok to wait for d&c?
07-08-2012 17:17 #2
Firstly *hugs* I'm sorry for your loss
When I went for mine via the ED I was checked over by the doctor and then booked in for the D&C the following day. I wasn't bleeding either and could've gone any day that week she said (my consultation was a Monday). I just chose the next day cause I wanted it over ASAP.
07-08-2012 17:37 #3
I chose to go natural. Same as you growth of 6 weeks. Started bleeding and heartbeat stopped at 9. I was told I could wait 2 weeks to make up my mind on d&c. I ended up getting heavier bleeding and passed placenta 1 week later then 3 days later the sac, which was yesterday. Anyway sorry for your loss.
08-08-2012 00:21 #4
I was futher along (greater risk of excess bleeding and complications). I was bleeding incredibly lightly. I waited for two weeks to go naturally, then I ended up being admitted and given drugs. I wrote up things in more details in a sticky thread in this section. Basically, do not worry, wait for your MIL, anything to make you feel better is worth the wait. It wont hurt your body to wait. Read through the thread 'all about miscarriage' if you want to know more about what the doctors told me. Hang in there. Its a horrible thing to go through. Do whatever you need to do and dont let people rush you unecessarily.
08-08-2012 10:22 #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
I agree waiting shouldn't be an issue. You have said if the bleeding becomes heavy etc other issues you will go to ED but I would also wait. Take care of yourself
By Rollermama in forum Pregnancy Loss SupportReplies: 13Last Post: 11-01-2013, 18:42
By mizz in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 06-01-2012, 19:25
By Lulubellesmumma in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 16-12-2011, 22:51
Billington StreetFor stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations WINNER ...
LATEST5 ideas for the perfect baby shower giftSurrogacy and why many parents break the lawHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxes
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Would you help your kids with?General Chat
Girl or Boy guessSecond Trimester Chat
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Private health insurance vs extrasPrivate Health Insurance Discussion
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
When to Book Morphology Scan?Second Trimester Chat