+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like me, an introvert who dislikes group social settings! I'm always the shy & quiet one at social gatherings or work meetings. People who don't know me very well think that I'm rude - but I'm not! I'm just an introvert

If you aren't enjoying playgroup, then just stop going. If your DS is a little one, then he probably won't miss it. Maybe enrol him one day a week at kindy? My DS started going at 2 years old & he's formed his own friendships there.

I stopped going to the playgroup I joined & nobody gave a hoot! Some people started de-friending me on FB because I stopped going & I got removed from their FB Playgroup Group I thought, "pfft whatever!"

I have two really good Mum friends that I see about once a month. They don't know each other, I see them individually. I love the company of one on on friendships more than groups.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (07-08-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So glad to know I'm not alone in this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I often feel the same way about social outings, which is why I haven't ventured out to a playgroup. although I would really love to but I lose my nerve and then stay at home with dd which is now causing further isolation issues!
    It has just been in recent weeks on here that I have realised how common this is. Sorry I cant help you, but big hugs and I totally understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our playgroup every mum knows my name but I don't know any of theirs. Makes it so hard to start a conversation. Next week I think I am going to ask the kids the names of their mums. Do my own little covert operation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow are we living in parallel lives. I feel the same way, I joined a play group and felt the same I also felt very judged because I have to work only part time but I have to as we can't survive Just on hubby's wage. I also have the same problem at work I never get included and just don't feel like I fit in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same way. I'm prone to panic attacks and vomiting too. I'm moving to Perth in 4 weeks and dreading starting a new playgroup. As Diamond Eyes said I can totally see myself throwing up in the bushes before hand. *hugs* OP, you're not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not do parents group but I am excluded at school not that I care as their conversations are so boring and materialistic.

I was talking to a few dads but that did not last long they all sit alone starring at the roof.

I honestly do not get groups or why they feel the need to make others feel left out and then their kids act the same with their friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's like being back at school the way some people make other people feel....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like me in a nutshell

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to feel that way too. I was a single mum with a beat up car and felt very out of it. The group as a whole was very superficial and I felt very lonely. I ended up making friends with another mum from the group who no one wanted to be friends either and I'm still friends with her to this day.

I must say though that I always made the effort and tried to chat, I think shy people can sometimes be mistaken for disinterested people and if you aren't bothering to talk to them , they won't bother with you.

If you are shy and can't think of what to talk about then pick someone who seems the friendliest and start a conversation about them . People love to talk about themselves ! Don't ask personal questions and just let the conversation flow. At least you will know a bit more about them!