+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is this the beginning of the end?

*TMI* warning.

I think I'm around 6-7 weeks with #4.
    I'm havng a scan tomorrow and am booked in to see my Ob next week.
    I haven't got any blood results (my gp only rings with abnormal results).

Yesterday morning when I wiped after the toilet it was like brown CM. I put a pad on and there was nothing else for the rest of the day.
    This morning when I wiped there was lots more brown CM with stringy bits. There was also a tiny tiny clot that was almost black but dark red when I squashed it with toilet paper (sorry!! I did warn you!)

I've got a pad on and so far it's perfectly clean.
    I've never had any bleeding with any pregnancy (this is my 5th).
    I know that this is how miscarriages start as the brown then slowly turns to red etc etc...
    Is it ok just to wait till my scan tomorrow to see what's happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear you have the stress of bleeding. It doesn't necessarily mean it will end. My gp told me bleeding is common around 6weeks. For me it didnt turn out well but I do know others who have been ok. I really feel for you but it really is a wait and see. How long since you had bloods? I would ask for more if you can. But the scan is the biggest indicator. Just a word of warming you will probably have to have a trans vaginal scan. Big hugs and thinking of you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It may just be old blood or you may have a bleed inside,

I had internal bleeds with both pregnancies, the first i had a small.bleed near the sack and another larger one on the other side, i did loose bub but it was from low implantation not related to the bleeds.

Dss pregnancy i had 'some small bleeding' (and nearly had a heart attack after loosing the other bub )

I was told both times to expect some brown or old blood.

My ob at the time said these bleeds / bleeding during pregnancy is not 'normal' but it is common.

With my loss the i had one spurt of blood then nothing for 12 hours then a tiny clot and nothing for 5 hours then a big clot and nothing for 12 hours.

It was 28 hours from the initial bleed when i started having pain and 30 hours when i started bleeding heavily.

Until i had pain the doctors weren't that worried as a) i was expecting bleeding and b) no pain was a good sign.

*hugs* i would call your ob and let them know, most likely they'll say to wait til your scan and if you experience heavy bleeding or pain go to e.r

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know when I was pregnant with DS I had a couple of times when I wiped (at the 6 week mark) I had brown CM, which my GP said was old blood but on the safe side I went for a scan and bub was great (6 weeks 1 day with a beautiful strong heartbeat).

If you are not cramping and you are only getting it once in the morning and it is not happening again I would wait for the scan tomorrow, unless if you are worried maybe ring and see if you can change the scan for today or see your GP.

But you know in yourself with having a previous MC (I have had 2 myself) if you know something isn't right getting checked out.

Best of luck and I hope your scan goes beautifully xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of you and hope all goes well and bubs is ok. I'm sorry i don't have any helpful information.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyaboutbubs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had 5 lots of bleeds with this pregnancy and after 2 miscarriages I freaked out especially as they weren't brown but bright red but at 11 weeks they found a pool of blood under my placenta and that is where it was coming from. So not all bleeds mean the end just rest up until your scan and try and think positive (which I know is easier said then done)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post

But you know in yourself with having a previous MC (I have had 2 myself) if you know something isn't right getting checked out.

Best of luck and I hope your scan goes beautifully xx
    I've actually never had a miscarriage. I had to have a medical induced termination in the second trimester due to severe chromosomal abnormalities.
    So I'm not sure what to expect. From what I've googled though. SO many miscarriages start with brown blood
    I've also been getting AF cramping as well...
    I feel terribly sick though with morning sickness.. Is that a good sign?
    I feel so guilty as I had a terrible day last week with my other three and said to DH that it would be better if I miscarried as there is no way I could cope with #4...
    Looks like I might be getting my wish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My miscarriages never started with brown blood, they started with pain then red blood.
    Bleeding in pregnancy is quite common and doesn't always mean bad news, i have been gushing huge amounts of bright red blood this pregnancy and in between that i have had lots of brown blood, also plenty of cramping - bub is still kicking on.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing blood in pregnancy is always scary but brown spotting is very normal and usually nothing to worry about. I had two bouts of brown spotting in the first 10 weeks when I was utd with DD. The second bout lasted a whole week and was exactly as you described - I was freaking out! I went and had a scan with my OB and everything was fine.

I hope your scan goes well and I'm sure it will be a positive outcome