+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default im worried

Dd (6) has been sick since yesterday morning. She's been throwing up water and froth. She hasnt eaten anything since yesterday morning and slept 15hrs last night/this morning. She's just sitting there sipping water but then throwing it up.

DD is ASD and ADHD so for her to be sitting still is new to her.
    She was a very sickly child as a littley, but lately shes been so healthy.

How do you know when to take them up to the hospital?
    I dont want to overreact, considering we've handled soooo much worse, but i dont want her to get so much worse if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Better to be safe than sorry and when it comes to your child's health I don't think you can over react. Just take her in and get her checked out. Hopefully she's fine and just has a bug but at least you'll be where she needs to be if it's something worse.
    Big hugs and I hope she's better soon!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Dd (6) has been sick since yesterday morning. She's been throwing up water and froth. She hasnt eaten anything since yesterday morning and slept 15hrs last night/this morning. She's just sitting there sipping water but then throwing it up.

DD is ASD and ADHD so for her to be sitting still is new to her.
    She was a very sickly child as a littley, but lately shes been so healthy.

How do you know when to take them up to the hospital?
    I dont want to overreact, considering we've handled soooo much worse, but i dont want her to get so much worse if that makes sense.
    Poor little previous Do you have a local gp in your area that does after hours? Also you could try and call 1300 health and get their advice. Do think you are overreacting in regards by taking her up to hospital, it's what they are there for. Hope she starts to feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you'd be overreacting by taking her to hospital - better to be safe than sorry. And if she's throwing up water there is a chance she could get dehydrated. Poor little thing, hope she feels better soon.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd call the healthline first they have given me good advice on rehydrating when my kids have been sick, chances are you need to slow down on the liquid intake if she is vomiting it straight up.

Also it's good that she is resting its what she needs, I wouldn't expect her/want her to be running around if she was ill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks girls. We took her in at lunch time and the dr gave her some anti nausea stuff (wafer) and she has kept some water down. She's asleep again. Dr said if she goes backwards again tonight to take her back and they'll put a canula in and run fluids.