+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I'm sorry if this topic has been done and done, but I can't find it anywhere.

Has anybody tried Light N Easy?
    Did you lose any weight?
    Did you exercise as well?
    Thought I'd repost my questions ; )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been buying the meals (only the 'mini meals' and 'meals in a bowl') for a couple of years and in that time I lost about 7 kilos. I never followed a lite and easy plan, just used the frozen meals in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and exercising about 5 times a week for 45 mins a day. I used a phone app, 'My Fitness Pal' to log in ALL my food and exercise. I tried to keep my intake to 1200 cals a day while I was trying to lose weight, its painful but it worked.

For me L&E meals are good for those times you just can't be assed to make anything and would have eaten something worse, take away etc. I am paying for the convenience of having a wide variety of dishes ready to scoop out of the freezer. I think they taste fine, some of the meals are healthier than others. I also make frozen meals but its good to top up with L&E. I've tried other frozen meals and they tend to be bloody awful in comparison.

I don't eat nearly as many now as when I started and my diet has changed as I've gotten used to the portion sizes and I make food accordingly. You don't get tied into a plan as someone said, you can just order and drop it whenever you like. I'd recommend it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply Bongley : )
    What you said is spot on.. After DS, I began to reach for foods that were quick & easy to eat. DH and I would have a lot of takeout food as well. I kinda forgot how to eat right.
    With light n easy, I'm "forced" to eat three meals a day and have healthy snacks, instead of chocolate cake.
    I'm just hoping it helps me lose weight as well. I'd like to lose at least 8 kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    3inatub, how much weight did you lose the first time? Did you also exercise?
    We're you on the 1200 calorie diet?
    I think I lost about 8 kilos in the 6 weeks. I did the 1200 calories/day and had all meals. I did 2 lots of exercise a week of about 35 minutes each. I did not eat anything outside what I was meant too.

Good on you for losing some weight already. Hopefully this will be the kick start you need!!!

If you're in the right frame of mind and stick to it, it will work...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did lite & easy 4 years ago and lost 16kg in 12 weeks. I also used to go for a walk 2-3 times a week as well & managed to keep it off for a while, but slowly slowly my weight started creeping back on and by the time I fell preg with ds early last year I had already put 10 of the 16 kg back on.

I am now currently 3/4 of the way through the michelle bridges 12 week body transformation, and although I haven't done nearly as much exercise as she calls for in her program, I have managed to lose what I had put back on & then some.

Lite & easy was good for me at the time, but I believe that if you want to really change your lifestyle and lose weight long term, you need to learn how to cook & eat healthily yourself, not just be given a bunch of food and basically be told 'here, eat this & you'll lose weight'

I keep track of my calories on a daily basis using the myfitnesspal app and I have learnt so much about portion size & healthy cooking doing it this way instead of l & e and my whole family is benefiting from it, not just me

That's just my opinion after losing weight both ways. I have 2 kids, a hubby, a house and work 4 full days a week plus I do photography on the side & I still manage to have time to prepare & cook all our meals. Organisation is the key. There is no such thing as not having time IMO. If you're organised, you'll have time

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kiarahsmum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    I think I lost about 8 kilos in the 6 weeks. I did the 1200 calories/day and had all meals. I did 2 lots of exercise a week of about 35 minutes each. I did not eat anything outside what I was meant too.

Good on you for losing some weight already. Hopefully this will be the kick start you need!!!

If you're in the right frame of mind and stick to it, it will work...
    Thank you 3InATub : ) Really appreciate it. I'm happy to hear that it has worked for somebody else. Im feeling even more motiavated now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiarahsmum View Post
    I did lite & easy 4 years ago and lost 16kg in 12 weeks.

That is fantastic!!!

I am now currently 3/4 of the way through the michelle bridges 12 week body transformation, and although I haven't done nearly as much exercise as she calls for in her program, I have managed to lose what I had put back on & then some.

Lite & easy was good for me at the time, but I believe that if you want to really change your lifestyle and lose weight long term, you need to learn how to cook & eat healthily yourself, not just be given a bunch of food and basically be told 'here, eat this & you'll lose weight'

I keep track of my calories on a daily basis using the myfitnesspal app and I have learnt so much about portion size & healthy cooking doing it this way instead of l & e and my whole family is benefiting from it, not just me

That's just my opinion after losing weight both ways. I have 2 kids, a hubby, a house and work 4 full days a week plus I do photography on the side & I still manage to have time to prepare & cook all our meals. Organisation is the key. There is no such thing as not having time IMO. If you're organised, you'll have time
    I'm also educating myself & researching on healthy eating. I'm only doing Light N Easy for 4 weeks as a kick up the butt to actually do something about my weight instead of constantly complaining about it to DH.

I've eaten healthy my entire life and have always been thin, until I had a baby.
    When I was pregnant, I had to be on a gluten free diet for those 9 months and when I have birth to DS I felt like I had to give into all those cravings. I'd eat McDonalds, chocolate, carbs, carbs and more carbs.
    Also, suffering from PND, I couldn't find the energy to cook. It wasn't about being lazy but not having the love and energy to care for myself.

It has been 6 weeks since my last antidepressant and this mama is ready to look after herself : )

Once I'm done with Light N Easy, I'll definitely continue to eat right.. To eat clean : ) Thank you : ) Much appreciated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

kiarahsmum  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't exercise when I'm stressed or feeling crappy and so, as you say SugarSkull, I didn't have the love or energy to care for myself. I got myself a less stressful job and then my diet and exercise started improving straight away.

Also, I am not really a keen cook, neither is my partner, we make meals maybe 4 days out of seven. We have plenty of time to cook and prepare meals we just don't like doing it all the time! So again, thats why L&E appeals. The last 7 kilos took a while but they were the last 7, supposedly the toughest Now I'm up the duff and my weight is going up again. Back on the treadmill in a few months. I'm determined to stay on top of it.

I think L&E is just a tool, it depends on how you use it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok, let me answer you question. Yes I did it for my wedding, about 7 weeks, did the 1800 program, yes I lost weight, no I didn't exercise.