+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Me & DH did for 6 weeks and loved it. The food was great but I just found that the 1200 cal diet actually hindered my exercising as I had no energy for intense exercise I felt like I was going to faint after ten minutes of jogging. Due to that I stopped but will go back during our busy season at work when cooking gets really hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just last week I said to my OH 'Darling.. Would you like to go on Lite n Easy'..

OH ' Why?...'
    Me '(in my head 'Cause you look more pregnant then I do') 'So you don't have to fuss about food so much.. And you will feel better eating healthy food'

OH is now on it I'm not, but I have food aversions at the moment, so that's fine with me

We had both gone on it previously for 3 weeks and lost about 5kg's each, no exercise.

I love the food and the ease of meal prep. It really does surprise you, on how little you really need to eat at each meal.

After a week, the hunger pains go away, and you really start to settle in and enjoy it alot more (rather then pining for food).

As there are no contracts, and it's week to week, I would say give it a go. It is very much worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did it before my wedding but now realize I was set to fail as its full of sugar and the snacks are quite processed. Now I have just cut sugar from my diet and gone full fat everything and the weight is falling off.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lilypily that's what I'm doing too no sugar, full fat, and I'm trying to educate myself on portion sizes. Basically I've been eating twice what I should at 2 out of 3 meals .m. Still not seeing any difference on the scales but its early days

Sugar skull personally I would never do l&e cos I'm too tight to pay all that money for someone to prepare average food, I second calorie king, I tried it for ages and was getting places, but realised I had to address my sugar addiction first (and *that* is a whole other convo lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm only doing it for 6 weeks and it's something we can afford. DH and I eat out a lot so L&E is saving us money : ) I'm doing it to lose weight and to learn about portion control. I can't do it on my own. I don't have the motivation to do it on my own. I've tried and I just give in to the foods I should have eg. Chocolate.
    I love that my meals are prepared and that I know exactly what I should be eating. It's a temporary thing for me, not permanent.
    I've been on it for 5 days now and I've lost 1.5 kgs so far.

Any success stories anybody wants to share with me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is 1200calories too little??

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow well done! 1.5kg is awesome! If it works for you and you like it then go for it (like you need my blessing ) Sorry if I made you feel you needed to defend yourself, that want my intention
    ETA 1200 call is the minimum intake if you want to lose weight, any less than that you're body will go into famine-mode and you won't lose weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I'm only doing it for 6 weeks and it's something we can afford. DH and I eat out a lot so L&E is saving us money : ) I'm doing it to lose weight and to learn about portion control. I can't do it on my own. I don't have the motivation to do it on my own. I've tried and I just give in to the foods I should have eg. Chocolate.
    I love that my meals are prepared and that I know exactly what I should be eating. It's a temporary thing for me, not permanent.
    I've been on it for 5 days now and I've lost 1.5 kgs so far.

Any success stories anybody wants to share with me?
    I am interested in trying lite n easy too. Do you like the meals? Also are you doing the full day plan or part of it?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I'm doing it to lose weight and to learn about portion control. I can't do it on my own. I don't have the motivation to do it on my own. I've tried and I just give in to the foods I should have eg. Chocolate.
    ?
    I agree that something like that can be very good to learn portion control, but that's really about it.
    The simple fact of the matter is that the reason L&E and programs like them work is because they don't teach you how to eat normal food. How to do a normal shop without someone telling you what to pick.
    They RELY on it! If they did teach you, they wouldn't make money robbing you blind.

Put it this way. One L&E 7 day 'package' with breakfast, lunch and dinner one a 1200 cal plan is $131. I can (and regularly do!) feed myself, DH and DS on that, plus snacks. And it would last us 7 days easily.
    That's just because I know how many calories a serve of each type of food roughly makes up, and how much each of us should eat given our age/activity/gender/current weight.
    It sounds like a heck of a lot of info to store in your head and I guess at the start it really is. But after not too much time and a bit of practice, you get good at estimating things like that and it becomes second nature.

And then you've learnt how to be responsible for your own diet. You understand that a normal Mars bar equates to half an hour to forty five minutes of running on the treadmill.
    And you're not lining the pockets of someone who's laughing the whole way to the bank because they've managed to convince every day people that they are performing some kind of magic for you that you could never hope to learn.

OP, I'm CERTAINLY not attacking you for your methods of weightloss or your reasons behind using the program. As you can tell, I just get really fired up that people have been conditioned to believe that this kind of knowledge is only for nutritionists and fitness fanatics.
    It makes me SO mad that I was fooled over the years into thinking that the only way I could loose weight was to rely on someone else's knowledge. It was free for the taking, I just literally didn't know that. As with so many people out there!
    The diet industry makes me sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Okay! This turned out to e an interesting thread... But then again, I'm on bub hub. Why wouldn't it lol

Okay, so apart from the reasons as to why I *shouldn't* do Light N Easy, I'd like to hear from people who have done it and how they found it.