ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Light N Easy

I'm sorry if this topic has been done and done, but I can't find it anywhere.

Has anybody tried Light N Easy?
    Did you lose any weight?
    Did you exercise as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it after my son was born so not a lot of time for exercise and therefore didn't really lose too much weight. After my daughter was born however I tried Jenny Craig and once again no time for exercise but this time around actually managed to lose weight!!! 😃 All up I've lost almost 12kg so very happy. I think lite n easy would have worked better for me if I had if been able to exercise though. Good luck 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, 12 kg? That's fantastic! Good on you. What kind of exercise did you do? Did your diet include a certain amount of calories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't done much exercise so it's taken me longer to lose the weight than I would have liked but still even without exercise I have been losing around 0.5 to 1.0kg per week on the 5000kj per day diet but I'm sure I could have lost the weight alot quicker had I have actually pushed myself to exercise. I just struggle finding the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I've done Lite n Easy twice.

The first time absolutely worked and I lost a decent chunk of weight in the 6 weeks I did it. I didn't do much exercise. The second time it didn't work, but I know I wasn't in the right frame of mind to stick to it.

I loved that all the food was provided and I didn't have to think about what to eat and measuring etc. I quite liked the food too!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3inatub, how much weight did you lose the first time? Did you also exercise?
    We're you on the 1200 calorie diet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know all the details, but my brother lost 20kgs over 3 months on lite n easy a few years ago.
    He also started walking to work (about 5kms each way) so it wasn't just the diet.
    But he's kept it off for almost 4 years.
    I think the food is pretty average though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    Yes, I've done Lite n Easy twice.

The first time absolutely worked and I lost a decent chunk of weight in the 6 weeks I did it. I didn't do much exercise. The second time it didn't work, but I know I wasn't in the right frame of mind to stick to it.

I loved that all the food was provided and I didn't have to think about what to eat and measuring etc. I quite liked the food too!

Good luck!
    I've done it twice to. First time I lost 14kgs in about 10 weeks from memory and have to this day kept it off. Second time was after DD was born and I think I lost 1-2kgs but I also wasn't in the right frame of mind. The clinkers I included in the diet probably didn't help

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, you can do EXACTLY the same thing with a free calorie counting website like calorieking or sparkpeople (google them, I don't think I'm allowed to link it). It will tell you how many calories you should be eating, and help you to track what you're eating.
    It will also give you meal suggestions if you're not good at working out how much you can or should eat.

Lite n Easy is good if you don't have the time to make your own meals and you're ok with spending a lot of money for something that you can essentially do for nothing more than the cost of a normal grocery shop.

I know I sound really negative, but it really annoys me that there's companies out there who pray on people's lack of knowledge when it comes to portion sizes and calorie consumption.
    I'm not judging, I used to be exactly that person myself! They go out to dupe the every day person into thinking that there's no way to diet except by a paid program. It's not true .
    Last edited by Eko; 05-08-2012 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I know I sound really negative, but it really annoys me that there's companies out there who pray on people's lack of knowledge when it comes to portion sizes and calorie consumption.
    I think it helped me learn portion control. I was (and still can be at times) a big eater. Seeing how much I should've been eating laid out did teach me. Plus DH and I are really slack at eating enough veggies so it forced us to.

Best thing I ever did was buy a slow cooker. Plenty of veggies and I freeze a third of everything I make, the rest is 2 nights dinners. So I've always got good food around now. Plus I ditched the clinkers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs E For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (05-08-2012)