+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lonely...

So as the title says. I am just feeling really lonely. DP and I had a minor disagreement and he went to bed, bub is in bed and I was sitting here feeling a bit crud and well a bit lonely. I love my family so much, but I miss interaction with other adults except DP.

It got me thinking... I have a wonderful family, but only talk to a portion (for no bad reason just theres a group I talk to heaps (which no one lives near me) and the rest I just see on family occasions). I have almost no friends and not from a lack of trying, I try all the time but even in school I was the kid who got picked on and who no one wanted to be friends with. So I only have a small, tiny portion of friends (and only one of them gives me the time of day but they dont live near me) but I try to befriend them and they don't ever seem keen to talk to me. Which leaves me with really only my sister, who is wonderful but obviously I can't rely on her all the time.

Theres been a few times of late I would of loved to have someone (an adult) other than dp to spend time with, and a few times I have felt a bit blue and I dont have anyone to say how I feeling and just keep bottling it all up. Even writing this I feel stupid.

There is no real reason for my post and I am not out to get pity. I am just really sad at the moment and I just have no one to vent to and I just need to get it out.

If you need to vent/get it out. How do you do it if you don't have anyone to talk too?

P.S Pardon the typos, I tried to proof read this but bet you there is still heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you live near Melbourne, I'd be happy to meet up for a coffee with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand.
    Most of my friends (so 1 person) lives interstate. The only family near me is my 15 year old sister. I try and make friends but most people my age are only interested in partying and it does get very lovely.
    I spend most of my time with DP but she's out at work a lot.
    I occupy myself with tv and the Internet. It might not be healthy, but at least it's company. The Internet is always connected, people Aren't.
    *hugs*

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know that feeling. It sucks.

I have a total of two friends in this town. Plus my parents. It gets very lonely sometimes.

If I need to talk to someone, I log on to bubhub there's usually someone kicking around that'll be up for a chat. Just start a random thread called 'who's bored and wants to chat?' - all sorts of conversations will start to happen

You never know, you might end up making some awesome friends. I met one of my best friends on here about 6 years ago. She's no longer a member, lives on the other side of the country and we've never met in person but we talk regularly on the phone and stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm usually in Gippsland for a week each school holidays (sans kids) but would love to catch up if you're close by there too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Massive hugs, I feel like that pretty much everyday. I dont have any friends irl so I understand how lonely you feel I dont live in your area but if you ever need anybody to talk to feel free to pm me Oh and for what its worth I think youre a lovely person, anybody would be lucky to be your friend

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    im a bit the same, i think im used to being a bit of a loner.. but doesn't matter really, i read a hell of alot of books, and get on the internet at times.. i can't live without my books tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same here. I've got my twin sister and we're really close.

I only started making friends when my daughter started horse riding. While I have met some wonderful ladies we're not bffs iykwim.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the replies, you are all so lovely. Sadly I am in NSW, although I would love to be back in Melb again Maybe when I get a chance to come down I can meet some of you

And Purple Lily thank you so much for your lovely words, you made me tear up. I never get compliments, not even from DP. Just made me feel really special.

I think my feelings are being a little heightened lately with just a few small niggly things. Like DP running his finger along my lip and not saying anything, but I knew he was noticing darker hair by my lip (haven't bleached it in yonks). Him not saying anything but clearly noticing made me feel crap and I look so haggered right now, a make over is something I need desperately.

I decided to remove the part about being excluded this week incase it comes up in a search.

It's one of those crappy weeks I think. But if anyone of you would like to chat to me I would love to talk to you all.

I think I need a visit to the I have a funny funny thread.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 03-08-2012 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where in NSW do you live? I live in NSW but my boyfriend is in Victoria so I do a crapload of travelling.

If you're after a funny thread, track down ToughLove's 'cat pee baby clothes' thread. I laugh so hard I can't breathe!