+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Taking Newborn to work with me, any tips?

Hello, I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant
    Due to many reasons i have to return to work about 6 weeks after having my baby.
    My workplace told me they were more than happy for me to bring baby to work until she was about 3 months, which is great! I have a desk job so it shouldn't be to difficult to handle.

I am starting to wonder about many things, like how to change nappies and breastfeed while also doing my job. I don't even know what to bring everyday to work for baby or how to keep her entertained while also doing my job.

Has anyone done this or have any advice?
    Im a first time mother and don't know what to do.. I just want to make things work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, I think it will depend on how your baby is.

At six weeks I wouldn't have gotten any work done with my DS as I had to baby wear him for all his sleeps and I couldn't sit down comfortably, only stand. My DS definitely didn't sit still for anymore than a minute when awake. But I know other babies that sit well in a bouncer/rocker and even fall asleep in it.

If you can work on a routine straight away that might help. Which will make it easier for you to know when to feed and change. My DS is in a good eat, change, play, change then sleep routine.And I've seen great portacots that have a change table attachment that might work well. And maybe a really good baby carrier that you can wear while sitting and typing.

Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I also forgot, it will also depend on how long your baby breastfeeds my DS only really feeds for 5-10 minutes. But I know other babies can breastfeed for their entire awake time for like an hour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take my DD to work with me. I went back to work when she was 12 weeks old and she's now 6 months old.

At work I have a sling, portacot with a change table attachment. I've also got a bumbo, bouncer, play mat with one of those toy rails above it, and foam floor squares. At one stage it's all been used.

I'm really lucky cause I work for my parents. Most days I feel pretty unproductive. But as long as I'm completing something each day they're happy.

My DD is still BF so feeding is easy and I just take some veggies for her lunch. I swear I take in more stuff for her than me most days.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i took my bub in. he was a chucky baby, so i was fortunate not to be in customer service or professional type position cos i would end up wearing it at some time.

wearing baby can be great. get a good woven wrap so you can wear bub on your back.

good luck!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    A sling so bubs can be close and (most likely) more settled.

Just be aware that bf can take quite a few weeks (or even months) to be established. My DD fed non stop for the first 3 months. A standard feed would take 4 hours.