ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Babies Heart Rate - i am panicking

I have been having fortnightly scans with my OB since i was around 10 weeks pregnant and bubs heart rate has always been between 155-170. I am now 29 weeks and yesterday I had an OB appointment and the heart rate was 129. It did look like bubs was asleep on the scan and it is usually awake each time i go in for a scan so this might be why but It has scared the life out of me. My OB said anything between 110-160 is perfectly normal and i shouldn’t worry but i can’t help but worry because it’s always been high. Everything else was great, still showing growth on schedule etc.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the heart beat of bubs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my ob said the same thing and my bubs hr was usually around 160 at scans but did drop to 125 at times - depends on what they are doing at the time. Sleeping/resting rate is always lower. I even had the rate go up and down on some visits (between 120 and 165) She's several months old now and very healthy so clearly isn't an issue - though I did need several reassurances along the way that all was well! Don't stress as stressed gets bubs (easier said than done I know!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my last her HR was in the 160-170 range in the earlier scans, but later dropped to around the 110-125 mark. I worried too, but she was perfectly fine Still is. Babies have a tendency to freak us out sometimes, but I'm sure everything is fine.

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no helpful advice as its been so blooming long since I've been pregnant .

I just saw your post and wanted to say WOW!!!! 29 weeks!!!!!!!! That's gone quickly, well for me anyway, but I've been on a big BH break.

I would think if your OB had even the slightest concern, they would be getting you to repeat the heart rate before your next appointment. I guess you'll be going every two weeks from ow n though? If its really stressing you out, perhaps ask if you can go and see the midwives to get monitored for half and hour or so.

Hope you're feeling well otherwise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you feeling movements? Have they slowed down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    At one of my appointments my bubs heart rate was going fast, than slow, fast, than slow. It was extremely obvious and you could hear the dramatic difference. My OB explained that it's healthy and what they expect bubs heart rates to do whilst in the womb. She said that their heart rates don't become regular until they are born. It's hard not to get nervous though, I know I always was. Every time I had a scan I think my heart would stop until I saw the heart beat. I remember once my OB was jiggling my belly trying to see if bub would wake up. She made a flippant comment like, nope not going to move today. I just remember thinking omg what the hell... She explained that the baby was sleeping but I didn't relax one bit till the next scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi optimist
    last check-up I had bubs heart rate started at about 160 and after a few minutes dropped to about 130. It's apparently very normal but I too did have a little panic (I think my heart rate went up to 130 too!). I'm just a little behind you at 26 weeks. Don't you just love feeling the little critter moving round?
    Hope your next check is all fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't worry about this change in your baby's heart rate. As your baby matures, their heart rate lowers. Between 110-160 is normal and 130 ish is about average really.
    Unlike a mature adult heart rate, it's actually very reassuring to see constant changes in baby's heart rate. If you had a fetal monitor put on, you would notice that their little heart beat is constantly up and down. They work like us, if they're moving around a lot, their heart rate will increase so they can get more oxygen. Once they're resting, their heart rate will go down again.
    Hope this makes you feel a bit better. I know it's hard not to worry, but what you saw was 100% nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As everyone else has said I think that's still normal and if you have any doubts call the hospital/your ob and ask, can't hurt for your own reassurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs, babies love freaking us out but you have to remember the bigger they get the more it slows, i had an US at 21 week 136bpm i freaked and then did a google and discovered no drama. Try not to stress easier said then done but hey sounds good to me