Closed Thread
Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB - I'm so sorry you have this worrying news now at Christmastime (not that there is ever a good time). I'm glad it is treatable,and they are moving forward to organise the chemo in January. It sounds as though the medicos are hitting it hard J, which is really reassuring. Heaps of . My dad survived prostrate cancer in his early 60's and is now 71 and still clear.

PW - I'm so sad you have that appointment tomorrow Stay safe. You have the rest of your life to make sure your dreams come true. I know Wilbur will be your angel baby throughout it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - so sorry to hear that news, it's such a shock to your system when you hear these things, the positive side is it's treatable, hopefully they'll kick it's ***. I hope your family can manage to make the most of xmas before treatment begins as it will be a tough road ahead. Stay strong & positive for your dad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nessie I hope you had a lovely Christmas celebration xx

Picky my heart will be with you tomorrow. Stay strong xx

JFB so sorry about your dad. I hope he improves quickly.

So much sadness on our little thread. My thoughts are with you all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Jfb - sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you are ok.
    There seems to be much sadness ATM.

AFM - blah! I have hand foot and mouth disease. I'm quarantined. And looks like the kids will have to stay away from cc in case they are incubating it. If they DO come out with it as well, we will have to can Christmas Day at our house.

Argh.

These things are always happening when we have stuff on. The universe seems intent on making sure I don't have fun, or drink....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Blurgh MG! Hope the kids don't get it. Hope you all stay sane.

AFM - well looks like Marc needs grommits and speech therapy. His speech is very delayed, and he is getting increasingly frustrated with it. The ENT wants to try another course of ABs then look at grommits in Feb if he's still no better. Speech therapy appointments are really difficult here in Perth (as in long delays) but am hoping I can get some advice over the phone to tide us over til we can see one. DH has been really opposed as he had speech therapy as a child and hated it. But he now realises if we can start early it will save a lot of heartache when he's at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow, there are so many of you going through challenging times at the moment.

Picky, I hope you are doing ok and that it all went as well as it possibly could for you today. Huge hugs to you

Nessie, I'm so frustrated and sad that things didn't work out for you. Looks like you have quite a few buddies that will be there to help you through.... with a bottle of plonk or two. (Kismet you're a classic ) How was your early Christmas with Ash - hope you had a very special and wonderful day.

JFB, so sorry to hear about your dad - bl**dy cancer, it stinks beyond words. I hope they just manage to get it away for good when he has his treatment in January.

MG, praying the kids remain F&M free and your Christmas Day is not impacted and that you recoup nice and quick

Sonja, I'm keeping everything crossed that you get an early appointment with the speech therapist. Make a pest of yourself and just keep hassling. I'm hoping the therapy is alot kinder than when your DH went through it..

Amum,

AFM, have kept a little quiet going through this cycle as I was still a little fragile after my little one being taken away and the two D&Cs. Put on a brave front but was terrified to go through all this again. Anyway, I have and it wasn't the best result - looks like the D&Cs have damaged my lining so it's too thin up top, but did thicken down lower and at day 2 we had 3 very good embryos, so Wazza suggested freezing 2 and just putting one back due to my dodgy lining. Sadly by day 3, 2 embies stopped growing and we only had one 8 cell so with my dodgy lining we just decided to out them all back and not hold out much hope. So I don't think Santa will be giving me that BFP this Christmas.

Take care everyone and here's some more hugs to get through tough times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, hopefully u will find with the grommets that his speech improves rapidly anyway...luckily for us H,s hearing was only mildly impaired , 25 dcb below ....good luck, it is a quick op just sucks about them not being able to get he ears wet...H doesn't get his hair washed much

alittle, good luck..I hav heard d& c,s can sometimes do some damage....lets hope u do get a Xmas miracle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I always wondered after I had 2 d&c's close together why it took me another 20 months to fall pregnant, was told it wasn't an issue but never believed it. I hope it's not an issue with you and you have 'Alittle' chrissy surprise

Moon - what a pain in the butt to get that now I wonder how you picked it up, can you still BF? hope the kids don't come down with it, that won't be much fun

Sonja - oh that's not good news re speech therapy, I am surprised they've suggested it so early though, when I had Evie assessed when she turned 2 they said it was still a bit early to tell if she was delayed as it's about that age the development should start to pick up however all kids do it at different rates. Best to have him assessed for peace of mind. All I was recommended to do was constantly talk to Evie and read her books & sing rhymes. The assessment was to determine if she needed to stay on the list to see a speechy, they decided to keep her on it as by the time an appointment becomes available she will be nearly 3 and a better age to assess. When Evie was born it took 3 attempts for her to pass the hearing test in her left ear and for this reason and the suspected speech delay she recently had a hearing test and it wasn't a conclusive test, all they did was to see if she turned her head in the direction of the sounds they made, they didn't see any noticeable problem and told me a thorough test couldn't be done until she's about 3. They did explain however that each time a child has an ear infection their speech development will delay, ie if they have the infection for say 3 weeks the development will be delayed 3 weeks so the more infections they have the more delay there is, hopefully grommets will make a big difference for Marc.
    Evie's talking is starting to come along now, she sings more than she talks, I heard her sing the alphabet song in full quite clearly the other night, sometimes I still can't understand alot of what she says but she is starting to be more conversant.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    thanks for that Kismet. Part of me feels like I'm worrying about nothing, but he's getting so frustrated and having lots of tantrums because we can't understand him. I had a telephone consultation with a speech therapist today who was wonderful. She gave me some really good practical games and songs I can do with him. Part of the problem is he's got his sisters wrapped around his finger and they do everything for him. And they never stop talking so the poor boy can't get a word in anyway. Both girls were talking in 3 or 4 word sentences by 18 months so I guess I feel he's a bit behind. He also had a lot of words before the last infection, which is another sign of delay.

One of the parents at school has encouraged me because her daughter is now in year 5 and having extensive ST and it's causing her lots of embarrassment and she's fallen way behind in her comprehension. I figure I can only try now to correct it and hopefully get it sorted before he starts school and it becomes a major problem. His hearing seems fine as he responds to everything I say, but that can be a learned behaviour.

I've bough the book Baby Talk to read as we're going away from Wednesday for Christmas - hopefully I pick some good tips up in it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Sonja - better to act now if worried. ST is much more effective and faster to help when used earlier.
    That said, spencer is only just really surging forward with his speech. I think he was delayed, but each time I was going up Di something, he had a leap. He was frustrated, but not to the degree Marc is, by the sounds of it.