+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Oh yeah, I'm going there....Campbell Newman

So, I know another thread went awry the other day, but I just have to vent.

My MIL lives in a caravan park, one of 3 that the previous state government bought to secure the low cost housing for the hundreds of residents across the 3 sites. These 3 are now to be sold, and the residents can only be guaranteed their homes for the next 18 months, after which they are at the mercy of which ever land developer has bought the land. MILs van is in a park close to shops, transport, services. It has mostly residents who are older, reliant on the pension, some very elderly and mobility impaired, with mental health and other health issues. These people will have to find their own accommodation, department of housing can not offer them priority placements and may well have to bea the cost of moving their vans/solid annexes and relocatable homes.

I am just so angry that this little rodent is selling these places out from under people who have the least capacity to move - financially, physically and emotionally. But why is it being sold? Cost too much. Even though they have no building maintenance costs because the residents have to pay for their own building maintenance. Needless to say, they will sell to developers for huge dollars. Grrrr.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Cazza1981  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a douche...

...that's the nicest thing I can say about him...

But To your MIL and others in her situation. I hope none of them end up in a homeless situation...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He is the worst person to be in a position of authority!

Total douche!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't stand the little man! Can't believe what he's doing to Qld health. Your poor MIL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I detest that revolting pig.
    My blood boils at the mere sight of him.
    If I ever had the displeasure of clapping my poor eyes on him, I'll karate chop him in the wind pipe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He is a ****** my husband doesn't have a job because he closed the jail awesome idea coz people will stop gong to jail ha yeah right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How horrible OP

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP my mother has been so depressed and anxious since the announcement about qld housing tenants. She has a history of depression and anxiety and on top of that some other serious health concerns. It makes me so sad she has no stability and has no idea what is going to happen to her... I just don't understand why this government seems to be targetting 'the little guys'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by saremc View Post
    He is a ****** my husband doesn't have a job because he closed the jail awesome idea coz people will stop gong to jail ha yeah right!
    Especially since there are thousands more people out of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    OP my mother has been so depressed and anxious since the announcement about qld housing tenants. She has a history of depression and anxiety and on top of that some other serious health concerns. It makes me so sad she has no stability and has no idea what is going to happen to her... I just don't understand why this government seems to be targetting 'the little guys'.
    Classic case of a bully targetting the weaker kids. to your Mum, and anyone out of work, or disadvantaged.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (31-07-2012)