+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post

She did!

It is this: she really needs a Thermomix! Haha
    Oh good! Glad you got your answer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=hemakesthree;6727532]

There's a recipe in the Everyday Cooking cookbook for the basic vegetable stock concentrate. You just blend up veggies with some herbs, add a tablespoon of oil and some salt (I only use 2 tablespoons of Himalayan salt rather than the 150g they suggest in the recipe) and then cook for 20 minutes and blend for 1 minute. I keep it in the freezer and if you use a decent amount of salt it won't freeze. But if you use the stock often enough it's fine in the fridge too. A tablespoon of the stock is equivalent to one stock cube or you can add 1 tablespoon to 500ml water to make a liquid stock. Best thing ever!!
    Something I forgot to mention about the stock is that I've never bought ingredients just for the stock. I only use veggies that don't have much life left in them at the end of the week and I freeze things like broccoli stalks and parsley stalks. When adding celery I only use the smaller ends and leaves if using the stalks for anything else, which use to only get thrown in the compost. It means I never waste anything and I've never thrown out any fruit or veggies since having a Thermomix!

I'm an ex-consultant and now an ambassador so do get a tiny fee for any referrals. So if anyone is interested in a demo just PM me and I can put you in touch with a local consultant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I imagine I'd be one of those people who buy one but never use it properly as I may not take the time to learn.
    But I would use it every morning for porridge as my son won't let me take the time (15mins) to cook nice creamy (not quick oats) porridge. But I can imagine DH's face if I spent $2k on a porridge maker! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    I imagine I'd be one of those people who buy one but never use it properly as I may not take the time to learn.
    But I would use it every morning for porridge as my son won't let me take the time (15mins) to cook nice creamy (not quick oats) porridge. But I can imagine DH's face if I spent $2k on a porridge maker! Haha
    This might help you...porrige is the only thing that I think is disgusting in the thermomix and still us the stove for. The kids won't touch it...oat porrige that is...quinoa porrige takes a bit of cooking time but it is yum (and lasts a week in the fridge so it's just a matter of heating it up of a morning)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=hemakesthree;6727584]
    Quote Originally Posted by hemakesthree View Post

Something I forgot to mention about the stock is that I've never bought ingredients just for the stock. I only use veggies that don't have much life left in them at the end of the week and I freeze things like broccoli stalks and parsley stalks. When adding celery I only use the smaller ends and leaves if using the stalks for anything else, which use to only get thrown in the compost. It means I never waste anything and I've never thrown out any fruit or veggies since having a Thermomix!

I'm an ex-consultant and now an ambassador so do get a tiny fee for any referrals. So if anyone is interested in a demo just PM me and I can put you in touch with a local consultant
    You are truly my hero on the kitchen! Mwa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    This might help you...porrige is the only thing that I think is disgusting in the thermomix and still us the stove for. The kids won't touch it...oat porrige that is...quinoa porrige takes a bit of cooking time but it is yum (and lasts a week in the fridge so it's just a matter of heating it up of a morning)
    Oh no way, I loooove it in the thermy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

This is Lissy's husband, I've hijacked the wife's phone.

Over the last few days I've heard a lot about this Thermomix and how it would improve our kitchen/save money and time. I would like to ask those of you who own one how does it cook meat & 3 veg? Can it steam veg & bbq sausages? Can I cook a good t-bone?

I don't want to spend the rest of my life eating risotto & soup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi,

Over the last few days I've heard a lot about this Thermomix and how it would improve our kitchen/save money and time. I would like to ask those of you who own one how does it cook meat & 3 veg? Can it steam veg & bbq sausages? Can I cook a good t-bone?

It doesn't "sizzle" anything. So not sure how you'd go getting a really good steak.
    But meat can be cooked/steamed in the varoma with veggies/sauce/rice etc cooking at the same time.
    I'd do your steak on the BBQ or pan and then use it for all the other elements of your dish.
    We ha roast chicken tonight and I didn't use it at all...except at the end with the pan juices and I made the most amazing gravy EVER!
    I'm back in love with mine again after that performance.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi,

Great for the veg side of things - best mash ever and you can steam the vegies on top of that.

Can't grill meat - but can make a lovely steamed fish/chicken

Do you like custard???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Buttoneska,

Can do mash and steam veg simultaneously?

I like custard. But I LOVE ice cream....