+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast feeding routine

Hi,
    I have a 3 week old little girl. I am breast feeding but have had problems with my milk supply so I am also expressing approx 30mins after feeding and using this (plus a little formula) to top up after the next bf. I have been taking fenugreek which is helping increase my supply. As this is all new to me, I was wondering if anyone is able to share their 'routines' . Ie do you change nappy prior to feeding or after? How long does it take you to feed? How do you settle bub? And anything else!!!
    TIA

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always changed nappy before the feed as bub would often fall asleep during the feed and I didn't want to disturb them afterwards.

I always fed on demand with both my kids. One was breastfed, the other was formula fed.

They always had the same routine - feed, sleep, then awake for play time or snuggles. Milk always preceded sleep. I didn't have to settle them as they settled themselves with the milk.

And congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I varied what I'd do. In the very early days, during the day, DD used to fall asleep after one breast so I'd change her nappy after the first breast so she'd wake up to have the second, or feed some more off that first breast. Plus, when she was really new every time she'd get onto the boob she'd poo so I'd have to change her nappy after breast any how.

At night I'd change her before a breastfeed,

Back in those days it'd take anywhere from 15 mins to 1 hour for her to feed. I fed on demand as well.

DD would settle on the breast or if we cuddled her when she was a newborn.
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 31-07-2012 at 08:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In regards to nappy changes - I use cloth ones so do change them more often plus my newbie hates to be in wet/soiled nappies.

So - daytime. Sleep-nappy- feed- play - nappy free time- feed- sleep

Nighttime- sleep- feed- nappy- feed- sleep.