+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How swollen is too swollen?

I hope this pic works. Anyway, I have no idea how much fluid is normal. But I have never seen my ankle (other one is a tiny bit less) so swollen.

If push comes to shove Ill call the hospital, but I wanted to see what you guys with a bit of experience thought.

Thank you
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had pre eclampsia with my DD and what my doc told me was that if my feet were swollen like this when i got up first thing in the morning and say id been standing a bit and after sitting down feet up for 1 hour they were still like this to go and get my BP checked my feet got that bad it felt like it was going to split into two but if they stay up like that id definetly get checked out or just ring your clinic and see what they say how far along are you

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's swollen... I'd call and get checked out.. If nothing then you'll feel better but if it's something youll be happy you called and and got checked out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing, and for the advice. I'm 36 weeks in 2 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your ankle looks pretty puffy.
    I had pitting oedema with DD but I don't think it was quite that bad - if you push in & hold it for a second does it spring out or stay in?
    Rest & put your feet up. If it doesn't start to go down after an hour or so like the PP said get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FingersxCrossed View Post
    Thank you for sharing, and for the advice. I'm 36 weeks in 2 days.
    what has your BP been like previously ? but in all honesty better to be safe then sorry not worth guessing if it will go away or not id just head to a after hours GP or the clinic and get a doctors opinion Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That looks like the ankles I had (or didn't have at that time. They had blended in with my leg ) They were that swollen from about 28 weeks. I thought it was the heat causing it, but it wasn't.
    It was because of this fluid, that I was told to go to the pharmacy every 2 days and have them write down my bloodpressure on a card. I had to take that card to the midwife when I had my checkups.
    Yes, my bloodpressure went up in the last 2 weeks, but I was already admitted anyway for other reasons, so they kept a close eye on me.

I would definitely get my BP checked if I were you. Just to be on the safe side xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep that's a bit swollen I reckon - especially for Winter. I had pitting oedema which was caused by high BP and the heat in January definitely didn't help! I'd get checked out and have your blood pressure checked. I was always on the edge of pre-eclampsia and I think at 36 weeks you should definitely get checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i agree! Go get checked out as soon a possible, that does not look like notin to me. If anything it looks freaking painfull!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would definitely get checked