+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aish View Post
    It's okay haha I know what you meant anyway I'm thinking about cutting my hours down at work because my DD is babysat by family every time and she can end up with 3 or more different people in a week. It confuses her as they all do things differently.

I think the best way for a routine to he established in my house will probably be a) cut back work hours, b) get myself into a routine, c) make a routine for DD based on mine. And I will sit down tonight and have a good hard think about that tonight.

She hasn't been to a proper day care before. But maybe there is a routine plan online for what day care follows? I will have a look.

Aww that's really good that your DD's routine is so well balanced and she knows it already.
    I used to work in childcare....
    At my centre the days went pretty much like this:
    6am-9am - Cntre open, kids rock up/some toast is put on a table for the kids that didnt have a chance to eat breaaky.
    9.30- kids divide into their own rooms ir baby/toddler/kinder ect.
    9.30-11.30- structured play indoors or out. They try to get them out as much as possible in the fresh air (when appropriate).
    11.30 - hot cooked lunch
    12-2pm - sleep time for the little ones have cots or on little mattresses on the floor. Rooms are darkened and realxing soft music is played. Bottles/cups of milk/dummys are given to the kids who have them. The kinder kids go outside, the 3yr olds have quiet rest/reading time. They also accomodate for the babies who have numerous naps during day. Usually cots are positioned in a 'quiet area' up the back of a room for them.
    2pm- wake up and do activities
    3pm - arvo tea fruit and milk
    3.30-5pm pack up/clan up/free play - pick up times start.
    5.30pm - a late snak offered to the kids that were still at the centre usually just a bickie and cheese.
    6pm - centre close.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 02-08-2012 at 12:49.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunkamunka For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (02-08-2012)