ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Morning-After Pill has FAILED!!! OMG!!!

OMG. I only took it too back up the 'coitus interruptus' as no condoms could be found , all while my DH is awaiting to get a vasectomy ....and I am still PREGNANT!! I don't know what to do and have just beeing crying and crying. I have two beautiful children DD - 4 years and DS - 2.6 years - both very full on children. DD is so loud she has damaged her vocal cords and she still doesn't sleep through the night and DS has had three admissions to ED already for falls and that's only half of it. I am pro-choice and had a termination when I was 15 and I am fine with that. Now however - I am 36, I know what it's like to have a pregnancy grow into a child - and I am not sure how well I would cope with it. But I am not so sure how I would cope with another pregnancy. I hardly cope with these two and it has been very rough on our marriage. Just these last few months so I feel life is getting back to something considered normal. I am on anti -depressants for Pre- Menstrual Dysmorphic Disorder which causes a lot of depression and anxiety...

I have said many, many times and everyone who knows me knows I want no more children - we can't afford it, we don't have the space, I wouldn't cope, our marriage wouldn't cope. Just yesterday I was saying I would die if I got pregnant again. I would just die...( and I almost did die I might add). I am absolutely devastated by this and I have no idea what to do. DH does not think we should have it - but will support what ever I want..I just think it will impact so much on our lives. I want the children to go to their private school, I want them to do activities, I want to be happy and stable for my children ( something I never had from my Mum). Another child will undo all of this...yet I am not sure how I will cope with a termination now, knowing how beautiful the children are that I can make with DH.

Any advice would be most welcome - has anyone tried that pill you can take up to 9 weeks? I feel better doing that then having an operation ...even though I know it's the same thing. It's not legal where I live though and would mean a trip down south....and please no pro-life lectures. That is not the advice I am looking for

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I am pro choice. I have never had a termination myself though. I have two children also and know that mentally I would be in big trouble if I had another baby. However in saying that, I struggled with my two and still managed to get ontop of everything... I have no advice on what you should do though. I would just suggest not rushing into anything and just make sure you are certain with whatever choice you make

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry you're in this situation. I couldn't imagine how you must be feeling. I think before you make any final decisions, you could make an appointment with a counsellor to help talk through it so you are at peace with whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hope you figure out what the right thing to do is for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im pro-choice and i know for me it would be so hard if i fell pregnant again. I am soooo done having kids and i absolutly dont want any more. Having said that it would be so hard to make that decision as, like you say, you know what its like to see a pregnancy result in a baby.

After reading your post i have to be honest, it sounds to me like you have your plans all set out and having another baby would muck that up and you would (possibly) blame your thrid born for everything you couldnt have/do. I dont say this to sound horrible and im not saying you WOULD do that but i think you have to ask yourself 'would i resent this 3rd child for things you cant have/do in the future. if the answer is yes (even unintentionally) its not fair on that child.

Its nice to hear your DH is suporting you in whatever you want to do. Id suggest talking to a social worker at your local hospital.

Good luck with your decison, its s tough one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not agree with abortion, however if a woman is feeling as you are I don't think they should be feeling forced to have the baby!
    You need to do what is best for you, because what is best for you will be best for baby.
    Have you thought about adoption? Could you go through with that?
    If not, as I said you need to do what you feel at most peace with. If that is ending the pregnancy then you should do it, your husband is supporting you and that is what matters.
    I wish you all the best and hope that you take the road that you deep down know you will be at most piece with, no matter what others say! They do not have to carry or raise this child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im pro choice. I think you should take a some time to really think about what you want, ultimately the choice is yours and you have to be able to live with it. If you want to keep the baby, you will work it out or you can have a termination. It does sound like your mind is mostly made up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 5 and a bit months down the track of a morning after pill mishap. I DTD once with my hubby and took the pill less then 8 hours later. 3 weeks later i had a normal period but had a few pregnancy symptoms so thought i would do a test even though i knew it would be negative i had just had a period there was no way i could be pregnant. well i found out i was pregnant sunday and by the following friday i was in surgery with an ectopic pregnancy. i didn't realise but taking the morning after pill greatly increases your chances of having an ectopic. sorry my story is really helpful just wanted you to know i was in your position and was ****ting myself i have a 3 and a 1 year old and definitly didn't want more kids for a while yet if ever. whether you choose to keep the baby or not please have an early ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy is in the right spot.

I wish you luck with your decision its never an easy one to make

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh you poor thing What a difficult situation to be in. Have a look at the website "Children by choice" - they are a non-profit organisation, providing free pregnancy counselling, support, information... and it's all non-judgemental and 100% pro choice. There is also info regarding abortion clinics and how to obtain the RU486.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

inertia  (31-07-2012),Magneto  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your kind words everyone. I am a bit calmer now - although still completely devasted. I am leaning towards not continuing the pregnancy. The impact on my family would be too great - my children, my marraige, my mental health....well my mental health would impact so greatly on the other two that is one of the main factors really. I know my limits and they are pretty much exhausted with the two I have now. I envy those mothers who never seem to get ruffled feathers...I am just not one of them unfortunetly. Jennibear - you made a really good point about possible resentment of the child, a fact I had not considered. My Mum resented me ( blamed me for her marriage not working - overlooked the fact she is an alcholic!), but that resentment came out out loud and clear all through my childhood. I would never want to bring a child into a life where it's not 100% wanted. I was so thrilled when I found I was pregnant with DD and DS - such a contrast to today's BFP. I feel sad, but I think I am making the right decision - and I am going to get my tubes tied while I am under, I am not waiting for DH to get the snip ( he keeps putting it off as we doing reno's at the moment!!) and I am not going through this again!!! Thanks again everyone - my best friend is away for 2 months so I have no GF to talk to!