+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What room in the house for Childs bedroom?

I can't decide what room to move my 2 year old into. Currently she is in the nursery and it's in the middle of the house so can be quite noisy, it's also small and I would like to move her into a bigger room and start setting up her 'big girl room'.
    So my options are:

The spare room at the front of the house - it is the largest room (apart from the main bedroom), it will be furtherest away from the noises coming from the house. What I don't like is the bedroom window is facing the street out the front and I have anxiety issues that it would be the easiest window to break into, also that if a car was to accidentally drive into our house it would hit this window first. I know the chances of this happening are pretty slim probably more so that we are in a couldasac but these are the things that go thru my head. also when DD is a teenager I have visions of her sneaking out her bedroom window.

The 2nd option is our other spare room which is the 2nd biggest spare room, however it is right next door to the bathroom and if we have people stay over they would always have to walk past her room to get to their room and my guests are always noisy. It's also at the end of the house where the laundry, toilet and kitchen dining areas are so it could be noisy.

I know this is a crazy pointless post but I need help!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Id go for the 2nd biggest spare room as it is not facing the front of the house. I have a bit of a phobia about kids rooms being at the front of the house.
    I wouldnt be too worried about the noise....some children (like mine) seem to do just fine with noise. Even as a baby, my son would sleep through anything. I could vacuum his room whilst he slept in his cot and he wouldnt wake up. Some say the noise is good for them as it gets the 'used to noise'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has always been bad with sleeping when it's noisy so that's why I though the front room but I have that paranoid feeling about it.
    I can never vacuum when she is asleep as it always wakes her up, sooo annoying. Although I must admit I haven't tried it for awhile so maybe she has changed.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe trial the room out for a little while and see if she can handle the noise. She may get used to the bathroom noises or she may not. Can only try. Good luck with whatever you decide