+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's crazy!! No WAY would I put makeup on my 2.5 year old. Kids have so much natural beauty, there's no way they need to 'enhance' that!! DD is 2.5 and puts on chapstick, but that's more to protect her lips than for 'makeup'. I don't wear a lot of makeup myself though, so that may be why she's not interested.
    When she's 13/14 I'd let her wear some light makeup (powder/blush/mascara and gloss) if she was going to a school dance or something, if she wanted to. Eyeliner not until 16 or older. I don't think younger girls know about subtle eyeliner, at least none around where I live!!

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    13-14 maybe for a special occasion. Over 6 for a ballet concert or something, or just for play. I wouldn't allow mascara at 6 though, and certainly not eyeliner!! I don't even wear eyeliner!

It's a bad idea to to sharing eye make-up anyway because of bugs that can live in it, not to mention a 2 year-old would rub it into her eyes. OP if it were me I'd have been livid and washed it straight off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is really disturbing! Stupid MIL! (no offence OP lol) but this makes me happy I dont have a MIL! This just reminds me of toddlers and tiaras LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never been a makeup girl but if we have a daughter then she will be at least 16 before she will be allowed to wear things like eye makeup, lipstick and other obvious facial enhancements. and then it will only be for special occasions
    Might let her wear tinted moisturiser or some light foundation when she is earlier teen if she is having problems with pimples or acne maybe.

I hate all the 14 year olds walking around these days looking like 23 year old strippers.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe a little bit of lip gloss (nothing fancy) and some nail polish when DD is about 5/6 but nothing else until she is a teenager. My mum taught me how to apply make up tastefully and I will show DD how to apply it and hopefully she will follow in mine and mums foot steps.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 25-07-2012 at 09:42. Reason: Wow @ My Spelling...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally don't see any harm in letting a little girl play dress ups with some play makeup, pale blue eyeshadow, lip gloss, blush....but actually putting make up on her such as mascara etc seems like it can wait until highschool though

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 who is 5 always wants make up on but I only own mascara and lip gloss, so she gets lip gloss.

When they go to my sisters she does their make up I don't mind that as its only a couple I times a year.

When they can afford to buy their own makeup that when they can wear it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is turning three, and she has always loved playing with makeup and nail polish. I put in her, she puts it on me, and sometimes even she puts powder on her dad too. It's just a play thing, not seriously trying to dress her up to go out and I see no harm in it. It started as a tickle with the blush brush and is more a fun thing rather than to change her appearance - that would be plain wrong.

I started wearing makeup at high school so I guess then - I dont see it as the devil's work as long as it's age approprite. It's just a form of expression - if she wants to dress like a punk or an emo or whatever go for it. I'd rather makeup than hideous bumcheek showing denim shorts!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was not allowed makeup until I was 13 and I'll be upholding the same rules with DD.

Children do not need makeup, for any reason. They have natural beauty and don't need harsh chemicals smothered on their faces, nor do they need anyone's approval of their looks.

DD watches me put on makeup but we've had a discussion about why it's only for adults. I give her a powder brush that has nothing on it, and she mimes brushing her cheeks with me, but I never give her the makeup for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I give her a powder brush that has nothing on it, and she mimes brushing her cheeks with me.
    love this idea!