+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Make up and children

Hi guys well last night me my husband 3 children mil fil bil and my mum and her partner web out for my birthday while getting ready (I was in the shower) my mil put mascara and eye liner on my 2 1/2 yr old dd I was very annoyed but as it was my bday I let it go but it's been on my mind all day today wtf who puts make up on a 2 yr old

what ages does everyone think make ups ok for girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not until about 13/14. But I must admit my nieces and little sister would put my lip gloss on from about 2 and my little sister wore a little bit of eyeshadow at my wedding, she was 10. Mascara and eye liner are adult make up so I would be very annoyed if my mil did that.

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 yr old daughter is obsessed with makeup. She watches me put it on a lot so I guess she has become a mini makeup lover. I don't see any problem painting her nails every now and then honestly, or giving her lip balm. I wouldn't do mascara and eyeliner purely for the fact that their skin is so sensitive at that age and is not good for them.

I do think your mil should have asked your permission before putting makeup on your daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure, for a 2 1/2 year old maybe some very light pastel eyeshadow, blush and lipgloss but eyeliner and mascara!!!! What was she thinking!!??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Sure, for a 2 1/2 year old maybe some very light pastel eyeshadow, blush and lipgloss but eyeliner and mascara!!!! What was she thinking!!??
    I agree!

My DD has always loved her 'play' make up but never would I allow something like eye liner and mascara at that age. Even for her dance concerts we skip on the eye liner (although she does have to wear mascara for this).

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im thinking 16!!!

Sorry but I remember girls as young as 13 plastering it on at high school & it's turned me right off.

My 2 yo DD has play make up (my empty blush & brush) and she likes pretending putting it on herself & me. But I would never put real make up on her for many, many reasons.

My MIL has put real blush & mascara on DD before (DD was watch MIL get ready for work & asked for some)

I wasn't thrilled but it was the smallest amount & they were just having a bit of fun together.

I was more concerned with getting it off DDs face later. Mascara (or eyeliner) in your eyes hurts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't have been happy.

DD is 2, and I couldn't imagine putting any makeup on her. She's too perfect and little!!! Never!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unless it is for stage, I really don't like make up on little girls.

That being said, I'd prefer crazy coloured eye shadow and exaggerated blush than any attempt at 'natural' looking enhancement. Bright blue eye shadow and clown-like blush isn't likely to be anything more than dressing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 10 now but she's always enjoyed watching me put makeup on. I've sometimes put a little blush on her and lip gloss and she's then thrilled to bits, but there will be no mascara or liner for years yet!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe a bit of lipgloss every now and then for a bit of fun but no way would I want eye makeup on my daughter until she was much much much older - maybe 15 - and even then only for special occasions.

If someone put eye makeup on my daughter now I would be livid.