+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Multiple chemical pregnancies/miscarriages

Hi all,

A lot of you girls that I know on here have been through the same thing so just wondering if you have any insight.

I've done 3 ivf cycles (mfi low count). First stim did a fresh transfer and had 5 frozen blasts. First fresh transfer, chemical pregnancy, hcg only got to 23. 1st fet, positive but hcg started dropping at the end of the 5th week, I think it got to 400. 2nd fet had my bt and hsg is only 40 so it's looking like it will go the same as the others.

My linning is always around 9 or 10 I think (which they said was right on) and I do medicated cycles with estradiol and progesterone. This last cycle added in clexane . I am also on metformin for mild pcos. I always get a faint positive preg test at 5dp5dt which gets darker to a very dark like by the time af is due. It seems to all go downhill from there.

SO are there any suggestions of things I could try, or tests we could do? I'm sure we had all the genetic screening before we started. I'm going to ask about nk cells.

Any advice any of you girls have would be great! I know there are a lot of women out there who have lots if chemicals and end up with healthy pregnancies, I just feel like were wasting our embryos.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 23-07-2012 at 12:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clem I went to get a second opinion last month from a new FS as I have immune issues psoriatic arthritis as I thought my old FS wasn't being vigilant enough.

The new FS told me about a patient she treated who had 7 miscarriages due to immune problems before she was treated with Clexane and Prenisolone and now is over 12 weeks pg.

I do remember reading it's advisable to be on meds one month before so they have enough time to suppress the immune system.

Just wondering if you have any immune problems..

I really hope they sort things out for you, have you both had Karyotype testing done? Have you had any extra tests done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps kmvw.

I guess i’ve only been doing IVF since December but 3 in a row doesn’t sound good.

I figure i can rule out low progesterone, i had an HSG dye test which said my uterus was normal (retroflexed though), they usually do a scan to measure my lining which is always just about right (which is what the say anyhow) so i’m thinking it might be either bad luck or an auto immune/chromosomal thing. Which i’m sure will be much harder to treat L

I’m going to see my FS this week, and ask her if it’s worth going on the steroid treatment.

I guess if she thinks it is a chromosomal thing we will do the karyotype testing, then we might need to do another stim and do PGD on the embryo’s.