+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you feel a bit offended..

When people speak nastily about their period/AF?

Ive noticed that quite a few people call AF a b*tch or nasty witch, etc.
    I don't have any fertility issues (that I know of), but it made me wonder, for those who are struggling with infertility, does it hurt your feelings?

I know, for example, my sister who is on hormone treatment at the moment so she can have a baby would jump up and down with excitement if she could get a period. She gets one very few months, if she's lucky.

I understand getting AF is frustrating or upsetting when you're TTC, I get that. I just wondered if anyone else had thought along these lines, or if there is anyone who feels hurt by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't get offended over it. It is just people venting their frustrations, and often af brings some nasty symptoms with her and people in pain should be given a bit of slack

My af was also very irregular and that was frustrating because it made conceiving so hard, at the same time I still don't hold her with any kind of reverence

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No I don't! My AF *is* a witch. She's always on time, and the month I actually want her to show up, she takes her sweet time!

I am in awe of the way the female body works, but AF is, quite frankly, a bit of a pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a very close family friend who would love to have a period (and a baby for that matter) but it doesn't change the fact that my AF is a witch and biatch when she makes her arrival after DH and I have been TTC for over 8 months now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For a long while for me it was the bearer of bad news and I was devastated every time it came. On top of that, I get really irregular and painful periods. It's a miserable time.

Yes, I do realise people desperately want theirs, but I'm sure anyone with conception issues can empathize with the devastation when you get it confirmed you aren't pregnant and this cycle has been a failure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on the situation really. After a loss I hated af every time it showed up for months on end.

I can understand what you're saying but most women hate af and find it inconvenient

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It reminds me of a friend that wanted to lose weight. She had 30kg to loose and I DARED to say in a wistful voice "I wish I could loose that last 5kg" and she had a go at me for 'being so selfish' when she had so much more to loose, and she thought I looked fine. In other words, I didn't have the right to feel unhappy when her problems were 'bigger'.
    Not my fault she had more to lose. And her problems didn't make mine invalid.
    It's all misdirected anger in that sort of situation. The person you're angry or frustrated with isn't to blame for your problems, but it's got to be directed somewhere, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    It reminds me of a friend that wanted to lose weight. She had 30kg to loose and I DARED to say in a wistful voice "I wish I could loose that last 5kg" and she had a go at me for 'being so selfish' when she had so much more to loose, and she thought I looked fine. In other words, I didn't have the right to feel unhappy when her problems were 'bigger'.
    It's all misdirected anger in that sort of situation. The person you're angry or frustrated with isn't to blame for your problems, but it's got to be directed somewhere, right?
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Yep, I get what you're saying.

I was just interested to see how other people saw it. I was never sensitive about it until my sister really started struggling with infertility, and it made me wonder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Based on that, should people refrain from saying on here, that they are pregnant, cos it might upset the people that aren't? No they shouldn't. People are on here for support, no matter what their situation.