ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) help please.

Hi all,

I have been scouring the net all week but am hoping to hear first hand from somebody who had a child diagnosed with PDA.

My three month old was diagnosed with a VSD in utero which had resolved by her Echo at two months, however PDA was detected.

I was made aware of this at a clinic appointment with the Paediatrician at the hospital and her suggestion was to wait another six months and have another Echo. My daughter will be nine months old.

As usual the good old Internet provides very conflicting information, but all i have read so far suggests that treatment should be discussed if the PDA has not resolved naturally by between three and six months. And some pages suggest that treatment outcomes are best of closure is performed before 12 months.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the investigation and treatment of PDA? I have made an appointment with my GP to ask for a second opinion but I would love to hear from another mum/dad/carer about this.

TIA - Rhi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. my daughter was diagnosed with a PDA at 11months, hers was 2.7mm. it was repaired at 13months, she is now 3, will have her hopefully last check up August next year. we went to the Children's Hospital in Westmead.

I'm way to tired to go into more detail but if you pm me with any questions you have i will try to answer them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MumTotzlj For This Useful Post:

rlpreston  (04-08-2012)