+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to offer support?

Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me posting in here.... I'm looking for a little guidence.
    My sister has a histroy of infertility and for her first child she was on clomid for a few months (that was 4 years ago), she is trying to fall pregnant again and after a multitude of testing she is back on some pills (I'm assuming clomid again?). Anyway, I'm finding it hard to know how to interact with her at the moment, you see the situation is made more difficult my me being almost 7 months pregnant and she has never asked how I'm feeling or touched my belly or any of that sister stuff. She came around for dinner the other night and mum wanted to see the bub's room and she was rather quiet and didn't say a word. I know exactly how she is feeling as with my ex-husband I went through 5 rounds of IVF. She won't talk to anyone and no-one seems to know what to do or say.... and being my first pregnancy I guess I'm excited about it but I feel bad saying or doing anything baby-related around her. Can anyone give me a bit of wisdom on what I should/shouldn't be doing??
    Thankyou

Elestrial is offline recognising possibilities again. Thank you God!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Words of comfort

Hi. This is such a thoughtful post. You can see you really care and really empathise. My advice is to tell your sister exactly what you've just posted. Tell her you know how re hard it is to watch other people get pregnant when you're trying so hard. tell her you felt that when you were trying too. Then say you still want to share this experience with her as this is going to be her special
    little niece/nephew and part of being family is that you share this life stuff together. Tell her any answer is ok, but ask how she feels. And rather than asking her to touch the tummy, ask her if she wants to.
    Just let her know you love her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elestrial For This Useful Post:

katzdreams (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestrial View Post
    Hi. This is such a thoughtful post. You can see you really care and really empathise. My advice is to tell your sister exactly what you've just posted. Tell her you know how re hard it is to watch other people get pregnant when you're trying so hard. tell her you felt that when you were trying too. Then say you still want to share this experience with her as this is going to be her special
    little niece/nephew and part of being family is that you share this life stuff together. Tell her any answer is ok, but ask how she feels. And rather than asking her to touch the tummy, ask her if she wants to.
    Just let her know you love her.
    Thankyou for taking the time to respond
    I wrote her a pretty indepth letter that was pretty emotional.... she didn't talk to me for 2 weeks after that but she seems to have turned a corner - complete 360. She is now doing an awesome job of organising my baby-shower and is constantly talking about her pending nephew! I'm happy but I also worry she is masking her emotions - IYKWIM.
    Thanks again, and goodluck on your journey - I'm sending so much beautiful Karma your way