Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    get gel nails

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Acrylic nails trash ur natural nails tho. I had been a nail biter all my life.....i mean terrible till they were sore and sometimes bled. Now my nails are really nice. My tip - start taking care of them. Give urself manicures, put olive oil on them and paint them - no matter how short. I found putting time and effort into them and painting them stopped me from biting them

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I actually went and got a manicure yesterday after I posted this and I haven't bitten them since which is a record for me haha! I might have to try putting more care into them and painting them and see how I go, I'd only do the acrylic nails as a last resort but I do remember my nails being pretty weak after having them last time so I'll try everything else before I get them!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bite my nails incredibly badly. I have ever since I was a toddler. I bite them until they are so short it's ridiculous, and most days they bleed. I hate that Ido it but I have found myself really unable to stop - for me it's an impulse control thing related to my ADHD. Extremely frustrating.

I had acrylic nails afew years ago for my debutante ball and had them on for months - months that I wasn't able to bite them. As soon as they came off though my nails were gone in a day. I was totally unaware of having done it.

Ive tried nail polish and and the gross stuff you put on and nothing works. I wish I could get it under control before my wedding this year..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    I bite my nails incredibly badly. I have ever since I was a toddler. I bite them until they are so short it's ridiculous, and most days they bleed. I hate that Ido it but I have found myself really unable to stop - for me it's an impulse control thing related to my ADHD. Extremely frustrating.

I had acrylic nails afew years ago for my debutante ball and had them on for months - months that I wasn't able to bite them. As soon as they came off though my nails were gone in a day. I was totally unaware of having done it.

Ive tried nail polish and and the gross stuff you put on and nothing works. I wish I could get it under control before my wedding this year..!
    That's the exact reason I want to stop biting mine! I know no one will probably notice but I will feel self conscious about them!

That's also what I'm afraid will happen if I get fake nails, especially if my nails are in bad condition after getting the fake ones off I can just imagine myself biting them right down again so that's why it's a last resort as I don't want to put money into something if I'm not sure it will work!!