View Poll Results: Are you fully up to date?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 66.67%
  • No

10 22.22%
  • Unsure

5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. To the best if my knowledge.

I had all vaccinations as per the schedule when I was growing up. I've also had my Pertussis booster (Boostrix, I think), though a tad late (12 years after the last one in highschool instead of 10 years).

I made the decision not to have Gardasil. I did have Meningococcal C 10 years ago as well. When I am finished breastfeeding, I will also talk to my GP about Varicella as while I've never displayed symptoms for chickenpox I was exposed numerous times as a child, so *may* may have natural immunity, but if not, I'd have the vaccine.

My Rubella status is fine, but I'd like to check Measles, as I've also never had it despite being exposed and am unsure if I have immunity or not (either by vaxx coverage or natural immunity) and I'd like too!

Hep B I'm not concerned about. No to Flu vaxx.

*I can haz typos*
    Last edited by Lillynix; 16-07-2012 at 15:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is the same as me, I was exposed over and over and over again as a child t o chickenpox, I was even staying with a friend for a week before he broke out in the rash and I still didn't get it. So everyone assumed I must have had natural immunity. I got it when I was travelling around Europe at the age of 27. I missed Italy because of it -in isolation in a sucky hotel room in an ugly town, where no one spoke english and I didn't speak Italian. It sucked big time! I will never assume again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Yes. To the best if my knowledge.

I had all vaccinations as per the schedule when I was growing up. I've also had my Pertussis booster (Boostrix, I think), though a tad late (12 years after the last one in highschool instead of 10 years).

I made the decision not to have Gardasil. I did have Meningococcal C 10 years ago as well. When I am finished breastfeeding, I will also talk to my GP about Varicella as while I've never displayed symptoms for chickenpox I was exposed numerous times as a child, so *may*but may have natural immunity, but if not, I'd have the vaccine.

My Rubella status is fine, but I'd like to check Measles, as I've also never had it despite being exposed and am unsure if I have immunity or not, and I'd like too!

Hep B I'm not concerned about.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, DH is also up to date. He had all scheduled vaccines as a child and had his Pertussis booster, he also gets the flu vaxx if his employer organises it, if not, he doesn't bother.

He also had Chickenpox as a teen, and mumps.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    That is the same as me, I was exposed over and over and over again as a child t o chickenpox, I was even staying with a friend for a week before he broke out in the rash and I still didn't get it. So everyone assumed I must have had natural immunity. I got it when I was travelling around Europe at the age of 27. I missed Italy because of it -in isolation in a sucky hotel room in an ugly town, where no one spoke english and I didn't speak Italian. It sucked big time! I will never assume again!
    Ouch! That is horrible. I had chicken pox, mumps and measles. Chicken pox I had bad, the other 2 meant time off school but still well enough to play at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Oh Beebs, that sucks! It was bad enough having it in the comfort of my own home. I remember one particular day where I did not move from my bedroom/ensuite, and I said to my mum that I would rather go through labour than have chickenpox again. 11 months later I experienced labour for the first time, and yep, I'd rather do that than have chickenpox!

(Sorry for posting off topic!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are you asking about all?

Me. DH
    Rotavirus No. No
    Hib. No. No
    Diptheria. Yes. Yes
    Pertussis. Yes. Yes (boosters)
    Tetanus. Yes. Yes
    Hep B. No. No
    Polio. Yes. Yes
    Gardasil. No. No
    Measels. No. Natural
    Mumps. No. Yes
    Rubella. Yes. Yes (booster)
    Chickenpox. Natural natural
    Pneumococal. No. No
    Menigiccocal. No. Yes
    Flu vax. No. No

I just found out today off mum
    I never had measles and mumps vax ( I thought I did) as it was not around in 1975! I had Rubella at 13 but had to get a booster before getting pregnant as immunity had waned and we both got boosters for whopping cough , I'll ask my GP if I should get Measels/mumps done - I wonder why they don't ask about that before you get pregnant , it's just Rubella and Chicken pox he checked with me?
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 16-07-2012 at 15:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any "childhood" diseases, I'm weird

Hence wanting to check my immunity for chickenpox, measles and mumps (forgot to mention that one).

But I can't (and won't) be vaccinated while breastfeeding (or pregnant), so I'll need to wait a bit longer as I've been doing those things continuously for 6 years now

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Edit to add

I didn't get the cervical cancer vax. When it was first available I was willing to pay the $400 for each shot but gp didn't want me to have it whilst TTC. I was still TTC when it became free and now I'm too old for the free shots but am bf

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted for no, as I don't think I am up to date and DH is definitely not. I was fully immunised as a child, not sure about DH. In recent years I've had Gardasil, flu shots the last four years, I think I had a tetanus booster before I went overseas four years ago, and according to my pre-IVF bloods I still have rubella immunity (had it as a preschooler, and had the MMR in high school). I had chicken pox when I was 12. However I have no idea what kind of boosters I should be having, or how often. It's one of those things I occasionally get concerned about, then forget about it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure am. Pertussis booster at 20 and again when DD was born at 25. Tetanus at 25, hep B booster before TTC DD. Had chicken pox as a child and shingles as an adult. Had measles very badly as a baby and rubella shot doesn't work for me.

Only things I'm not nor will ever be vaxxed for is Flu and Cervical Cancer.