+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother has a few kids and two of them I don't feel anything for. He used them as a weapon of manipulation against myself and mum. His son on the other hand, I adore. He's not much older then mine and his mum definitely favors his sister over him. I wish I could take him and raise him with my son sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 2 half sisters, one lives with me & my mom and I love her so much. The other one lives with my dad (same dad, different moms) and I feel nothing for her. She's a nice girl and we talk sometimes but that is. I believe she feels nothing for me either.

It's your feeling and you can't force it, doesn't make you a bad person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my brothers has kids, and i dislike them, more hate then dislike.

Everything about them drives me nuts/repulses me, i cant stand them.

It wasnt always like that. Loved thrm as babies/toddlers but come the 3-4 age it hit and now as the eldest is entering teens the hate grows stronger.

But instead of being a disconnection type thing its actually the kids themselves, many family members dislike them and keep away from them

Other neices nephews (mine & partners) i love/care/feel for them but not like the way i do for my own kids.

My love & care for my kids is overwhelming! I never knew i could ever love someone that much, worry for someone that much, want to protect someone that much.

They are seriously my world and i couldnt function if they werent with me.

I think connections with kids are hard so dont feel bad op

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dont feel bad, I dislike all children except my own

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (14-07-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (14-07-2012),threechooks  (14-07-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Dont feel bad, I dislike all children except my own

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    Yep me too absolutley. I struggle to form bonds with children other than my own. Its awkward. I have nieces and nephews and I don't mind them as little people but I certainly don't love them or care for them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I really don't like kids besides my own. Its weird cos as a teenager I was very maternal and loved kids and babies.. now I find it really hard to form a bond with anyone else's kids. Some kids I actually really dislike. Maybe we just find it hard because we need to reserve those strong protective feelings for our own kids? I have no idea..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have one niece and once nephew and I don't feel anything for either of them. I was even present at the birth of my nephew which I thought might help but still...nothing.
    I don't get called Aunty and even though they live close by we only see each other a few times a year and I'm sure that is what has made it hard. I tried to get a relationship with my niece happening a year ago...and then she smacked my one year old (she was 10 at the time and her brother is only a year older and they are also a non smacking family...she knows better) and that was the end of me trying.
    I don't imagine that my in laws feel much for my kids either. I am more closely bonded to two girls my girls became friends with once they started school and pre-school than I am to my niece and nephew. I do things with these other kids a fair bit but on the odd occasion I get asked to babysit my niece and nephew I either say no or hate doing it the whole time.