+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ...
    Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 07-08-2012 at 06:39.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,587
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked
    533
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just in regards to your belt, my friend had a minor accident and they didn't do something they were supposed to with her seatbelts and a few months later she pulled up sharply at lights and her belt suddenly pulled really tightly and she couldn't get out of it. Something about resetting them? Because it was some time after the accident they messed her around majorly and she couldn't drive the car until it was fixed. May be totally different but I would follow up.

  3. #13
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finally expecting View Post
    Just in regards to your belt, my friend had a minor accident and they didn't do something they were supposed to with her seatbelts and a few months later she pulled up sharply at lights and her belt suddenly pulled really tightly and she couldn't get out of it. Something about resetting them? Because it was some time after the accident they messed her around majorly and she couldn't drive the car until it was fixed. May be totally different but I would follow up.
    DH thinks I'm over-reacting and it's not nessessery. I'll call the repair place on Monday & ask if they reset them thank you..

    Now I'm scared it's going to choke me. Lol

  4. #14
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2one99 View Post
    What brand is the seat. Within 28 (?) Days of the accident safe and sound will replace their seats with a brand new on if you meet requirementse! Excellent and extremely efficient service.
    Wow that's really good to know thanks.. But no it's a no name kmart one.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    71
    Reviews
    1
    Most car seat companies will replace your car seat for free, even Kmart ones. Just call the conpany and enquire. No need to go through insurance

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to missjess86 For This Useful Post:

    lovesushi  (14-07-2012)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked
    95
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    Most car seat companies will replace your car seat for free, even Kmart ones. Just call the conpany and enquire. No need to go through insurance
    This is somewhat correct but they have pretty specific conditions about the types of accidents that they will replace seats... It's normally only major type accidents, not minor ones. I enquired with Safe N Sound with our minor accident and they weren't interested, hence why we went through insurance...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

    ShanandBoc  (14-07-2012)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    71
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    This is somewhat correct but they have pretty specific conditions about the types of accidents that they will replace seats... It's normally only major type accidents, not minor ones. I enquired with Safe N Sound with our minor accident and they weren't interested, hence why we went through insurance...
    Which is why I said most I also tried to go through safe n sound and they wouldn't replace mine either because of a minor accident (even though our car was a write off . But most of the other companies will. Safe n sound are very picky, but as op said she's not safe n sound

  10. #18
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    Most car seat companies will replace your car seat for free, even Kmart ones. Just call the conpany and enquire. No need to go through insurance
    Why do they do that?

    I'm not complaining. It's a lovely nice thing for them to do.

    But it's not their fault (manufacturing etc)

    Im just surprised major companys have a heart

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    71
    Reviews
    1
    Not sure, it's nice to know though


 

Similar Threads

  1. To sell the seat or keep the seat?
    By share a book in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-07-2012, 17:02
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 26-06-2012, 04:54
  3. When to move to booster seat? and booster seat questions!
    By Rachie81 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 15:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Storksak‘A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place’ - that is award winning Storksak’s formula for creating a ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Noble NovemberConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #3pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF Babies Due in April/May/June 2018pregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›