+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Suggestions- Best pram for shopping?

Hi everyone I'm hoping to hear from people on what type of pram they recommend for shopping, I've been waiting for the city versa to come out but it has gone from January this year to September with numerous delays which I think is just ridiculous!! I love it because it ticks all my boxes and more (I know, first world problem!).

My needs to have are:
    Reversible seat
    Large basket
    Not gigantic when folded

What I've come across:
    Strider (seat only goes to 17kg, huge when folded)
    BJCS (really long for just one baby, not sure how it compares to promenade in that regard)
    Promenade (I like this one)

I've looked at a lot of prams on YouTube which I have eliminated because the baskets are just too small

Please tell me your suggestions though and why you find it good for mall shopping and any cons you have found
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 13-07-2012 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What do you mean by shopping? Food shopping or browsing at the shopping centres so needs to be compact?

Bugagboo bee plus but has a small basket

Combi but small basket? You need to get the combi that has 4 swivel wheels too

Valco rebel q - i like how the seat isn't a bucket but is heavy

Some peg perego's have reversible handles (capella?), not sure on basket size and I don't like how one side is fixed so would be harder to steer

Unfortunately I am not sure if you will get a pram that is compact fold, rear facing and huge basket.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for browsing at the shops

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot the P &T's smart. I think it would be cool. Not sure how big hte seat goes but when the child is older you may be happy with a forward facing out only stroller - mac quest etc.

don't eliminate a pram just because of the basket, yes you shouldn't overload the back of the pram/handles for tippiness reasons but most are pretty solid so isn't usually a huge issue. You can get all kinds of hooks and nappy bags which strap onto the handles. You need to make a decision that you are happy with though.

If you have a car with you at the shops you can leave stuff in there if you don't have room or if you make a big purchase you can return it. If you are walking it is a bigger issue. IT also depends how long you will be at the shops - if it is an all day expedition or just a few hours.

It depends how big your kids are but my 4yo is almost 17kg. He would be more than happy to still ride in a pram but we have put a stop to it. HE still would fit in our mac vogue and BJCM. I guess what I am trying to say don't rule a pram out by max weight or smallness of the basket. There is no perfect pram, if it meets the majority of your requirements that might be as close as you can get.

Sorry if you know all this, I notice from your siggy that you have 3 kids. No wonder you need a big basket
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 13-07-2012 at 10:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the rebel ex q and its great for shopping nice big basket and not too wide and heavy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you can get a 2nd hand one cheap (I don't know if they are still sold new) I can recommend a swallow beema q. I love mine for shopping- it fits 2 green bags in the underbasket and I hang my bag over the handle and put a supermarket basket between the hood and handle. I've even folded down the seat and put a box of nappies on the seat behind my toddler. I just unclip the shoulder straps and they use the box as a backrest.
    I do most of my grocery shopping by walking to the local supermarket and carrying it home in the pram.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my bjcs! I can fit 2 boxes of huggies in the basket easily. Never really thought about it being too long but I did buy it with 2 bubs close in age in mind. It is a little wide in shops like cotton on that have so many racks of clothing everywhere. Sometimes I have to reverse instead of being able to walk around but I'm used it it now and am pretty good at knowing where I'll fit. Shame about the versa it looks awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the Strider Plus, and won't take anything else for shopping. I go a few times a week, and can spend quite a bit of time browsing in the malls/ shopping for birthdays/ Christmas, etc.

It's big, but highly manoeuvrable. It's sturdy, so won't tip if the toddler jumps out, even with things over the handlebars.

Best of all it has a giant basket underneath - biggest I've seen on any pram. I have no idea how I would have got Xmas shopping done without it!

I've never found the size of it to be an issue either.

Oh, and you can reverse the seat if you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a beema q. It was greAt for walking and shopping. I would fill the bassinet up too when ds was a baby before I paid for the food. Babies tend to wake when you put 2l of milk beside them lol.

Bugaboo- second hand cammy?

Stoke xplory may fit the criteria but not for cost

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit of a late reply! I've seen and am getting the P&T smart buggy. The basket is average size but the overall maneuverability is great, it's light weight etc. the peanut is quite roomy too