ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Feed in and media attention sounds great! That happened once in a cafe, the power of social media took over. Apologies and free stuff for those involved came fast, yes as a private business they may have rights, but a baby's right to feed outweighs all else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Change centres ASAP as there is more to this stupid policy than just breastfeeding

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

jez  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Feed in! Feed in! Feed in!
    Yes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is complete and utter BULL$%^#, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard! What is this world coming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I'm just shocked!!! I can't beleive someone in a position of caring for and educating children and liking after their best interests has a policy on not breast feeding at her centre. I have NEVER heard of a centre doing this. Combine it with not wanting parents to stay there and I reckon they must be so dodgy to not want parents seeing what they are up to. Definately media. I worked in a centre next to the big CISAC gym where the incident in the cafe with the mother being asked to stop breast feeding was. She was a parent of our centre ( and gym member) and it was all over the media.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Maybe once you have alternative daycare arranged and no further involvement with the centre we could organise a feed in. So it doesn't get messy for you?

I'd also be quietly talking to the staff (particularly the assistants) if you get a chance and offer to make any complaints anonymously on their behalf. I wouldnt be shocked if they have absolutely no respect for parents requests etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I work in the childcare industry and I didn't breast feed my own dd, BUT I would NEVER ask a parent to not feed their child and have never heard of a policy being in place to do so. Also parent visits are limited to 10 mins WTF!!!! Name & Shame!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...law/legalright

i don't believe they are acting lawfully. Read the above lin and contact the people listed

Where types of discrimination are covered by both state and federal laws, complaints may be lodged with either the state or federal agency, but not both. If you feel you have grounds for complaint, you can contact the Federal Commission for free advice on 1300 656 419 or online. You can also contact your state or territory agency before deciding who you will make your complaint with. This is especially important as there are differences between the state and federal jurisdictions. An example is the SA Equal Opportunity Commission's Where do I complain - state or federal?
    Valid complaints are dealt with by conciliation. This is where the people involved in a complaint talk through the issues with the help of someone impartial and settle the matter on their own terms. It also helps the parties involved to better understand the issues and come up with solutions that are appropriate to their circumstances. This could be an apology, financial compensation, access to facilities previously denied, or something else that is agreed upon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant see the difference between the child are worker feeding babies a bottle through the day and a mother coming to feed the baby through the day.....

Its not making more work for the carer, its giving the carer a bit of extra time to do other needed things.

Say theres 6 babies all wanting a feed at the same time, you would them need no less then 3 carers to feed them at once, so its not like a mother coming in to feed is crowding the room !

She clearly is taking her anger out on you and other mums.

I would take this as far as you possibly could. If shes doing dodgy un-needed things like that then how bad is the centre behind close doors!

Go to Channel 7, 9 & 10 even if you cant take legal action, atleast going to them will get this centre and owner on the radar.

I hope it works out op!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definately do not agree with banning breastfeeding at a childcare center (or anywhere for that matter) and I think it is terrible that they have asked you to go outside to the car. Open door policies are best practice and most center's do have this policy. That being said (and I may get shot for this) having 4 or 5 parents in my room when I was in the baby room had the tendency to distrupt the whole day. The parents were not being a problem in themselves but I had a room full of babies that freaked out at the sight of strangers so every single parent that walked in set them all off at once. Plus, I used to have one parent come in whenever family were in town, disrupt the child no matter what they were doing, parade the child and pass it around, then give it back and leave me to settle, the hungry, tired screaming baby that now just wanted the parent to come back. When you are alone in a room with 5 babies (before the ratios were changed) anything that makes the babies upset does disrupt the day. Plus when you are trying desperately to calm 5 hungy/tired babies and a parent is there all you can think of is "omg they are going to think I am horrible at my job and dont care".

I would never dream of changing the open door policy as it is the parent's right to see their child but for those who say that them complaining of inconvenience is just a ploy to cover dodgy behaviour, that may not be the case. They should however, provide different facilities for parents to breastfeed in if them all being in the room is disruptive. Sending you out to the car park is appalling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-07-2012)