+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is illegal.

They cannot stop you so DON'T BE STOPPED. Go in there tomorrow and sit your breastrfeeding a r s e down in the room and lob it out.

If you are approached and told to stop you say "make me".

And I am so happy you are getting it in writing to report them.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (12-07-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (12-07-2012),Kadorite  (12-07-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This makes me feel ill.
    I would be pulling my child out of there ASAP and making a formal complaint. They can NOT do that to you, as others have said - ILLEGAL!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd be removing my child tbh. it sounds really dodgy. 10 minute visits?! what have they got to hide? and it is illegal to ask you to leave to breast feed.

report them to your states childcare authority -

acecqa.gov.au/regulatory-authorities/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be removing my child at once. No way I would allow my child to stay in a child care that clearly doesn't know or abide by the regulations

***Sent from my phone***

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Racharia View Post
    I was approached today by the owner and director of the child care centre in which my 10 month old breastfed baby has attended for 2 months, that I am not allowed to breastfeed in the centre anymore. They have new rules in which they feel my breastfeeding disrupts the carers in the room and I am to feed her off the premises. She has advised me that maybe I would like to feed her in the car in the carpark and bring her back in afterwards. It was also suggested that I could express my milk and give it to her in a bottle. The reason I was given for this new rule is that other breastfeeding mothers have also approached her about breastfeeding their children in the centre and that it would all be just too disruptive to the carers and classroom! Not sure where to go with this??? I am disgusted and furious about it all.
    Havnt read the rest of the responses but they can't tell you that! I'm an early childhood teacher and know we must be totally accepting of bf mums, when I returned to work I continued to bf my dd1 and will do the same with dd2 during my breaks.

It's against quality care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I hope you can find a new centre with the right amount of days soon. There's something very dodgy about a centre that doesn't welcome mothers with open arms. Especially when they are coming to breastfeed.
    This ^^ it's not always easy with limited places, but I would move her ASAP. If they don't support her very basic need of being fed in front of others, then how is she being treated when you aren't there?

It's illegal and the director would well know that. I also fear without an open door policy, what they have to hide. This would make me very nervous & uncomfortable leaving my LO with them TBH. It's one thing to say ignore them and continue feeding her inside, but what happens when parents aren't there??

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If they don't have an open door policy, that is a bad sign.
    Yep this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I was impressed with that, as when DS first started daycare he was in family daycare and he would always want a feed before I left and the carer didn't allow me to do so in her house.
    wow! did you report her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh my goodness.. i know there are already lots of posts.. but I just couldnt believe this when I read it...!!! a child care centre...!!!!!!! omg...!! how dare they..!! good for you.. take it to the top..!! I hope you find somewhere for your child to go where you will both be appreciated..!! good luck..!! ur doing a teriffic job..!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow feeling completely outraged after reading this!!! Childcare centre's (whom of course are looking after the next generation) should be one of the major places encouraging bf most of all and helping to "normalise" it!!! I feel terrible that this lady has made you feel like you have OP Let us know how you go with it all.