+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early labour...?

Last night for about 5 hours straight I had contractions that were every 3-5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each time. They were mostly just uncomfortable and got a little more painful, but never really progressed. Last week at my appt, bub was 2/5 engaged and last night when the midwife was having a feel she commented on the fact that babies head was "definitely waaaay down there!!" but didn't give me an actual update. Anyway, TMI -- lots of discharge (no show) and diarhea, plenty of pressure down below and crippling back pain (for a couple of weeks now)... But this morning, contractions have been barely noticeable and few and far between. Plus, I am completely exhausted, even though I had a good sleep. Last night she told us that we sounded like we were in early labour and probably be back to have a baby soon, but I don't feel like that now at all! Anyway, anyone have similar stories that have wound up with a baby relatively soon, or should I just ignore it and realise I'm back at nothing... I'm 38+3 by the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to say i have been getting this every 2nd-3rd night for about 3 weeks!! They happen most nights now and stop after about 5 hours! Actually made it to the hospital once because the contractions were so regular & strong but then they stopped! I am 4cm dialated (on Friday at my appt) 40+4 and have given up hope of these contractions turning into anything.

Hopefully it turns into the real deal for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing, you must be so over it. Thanks for the reply, hope your bub makes an appearance soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had three episodes of pre-labour at 39, 40 and 40+3 weeks. Each episode lasted approximately 8 hours and contractions were lasting 1 minute every 3-5 minutes also. Unfortunately I ended up being induced for post-dates but I was 5cm dilated on induction so even though the pre-labour never amounted to anything I had a quick labour when I was eventually induced. With symptoms like loose bowels though sounds like things are happening for you! Fingers crossed for the real thing soon OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    So last night I had really strong, consistent pains for about 2 hours. Had a sudden onset of nausea, ran to my ensuite and power chucked (sorry!!) for about half an hour, then nothing! Today I sort of feel hung over. Boo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this for about 5 days every night lasting about 5hrs too and it was horrible on the 5th night i went into proper labour but after all of that i was so tired so just be aware that this could go on for awhile so try to get lots of rest while u can