+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dinner with 17mo. Prepare me!

We are going out to a family birthday dinner tonight and this will be the first time we are going out to dinner with our DD in toe
    It's a family friendly restaurant with a kids playground etc.

She is usually in bed at 7ish and dinner starts at 6:30 so I have given her an extra long nap today, I think it has worked as she is full of beans right now

So far in her nappy bag I have
    • dummy
    • water
    • a bottle, just in case
    • her favorite stuffed toy
    • a few other toys
    • and the essentials

I was thinking of taking a book and some paper and pencils.. But DH thinks in going a bit overboard..
    I was also thinking of taking the iPad as it has a few of her favorite shows on there.
    I really don't know what to expect tonight and I'm really excited about going out as a family as we never get the opportunity for the 3 of us to get out.

I know I have left this late to post this but hit me with all your suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the paper and pencils and iPad are good ideas. You can never be too prepared.
    If she is anything like my DD she will be distracted enough talking and playing with all the family.

Enjoy your night out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We've never had an issue with DS, he loves restaurants - it's quite exciting and often he is the centre of attention - hopefully it's like that for you. If she gets restless, take your DD for a quick walk around.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'd probably also take her pyjamas and when you're about to head home do a nappy change and pop the jarmies on as the car journey may send her off to sleep.

I am of the opinion that you can never have too many tricks up the sleeve when it comes to keeping a toddler occupied and entertained!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take some food or snacks for her with you. Dinner might not get on the table until at least 7.30 or whenever, so either feed her before you go or have something on hand for her. I'd take a pram that lays back too so she has somewhere to rest if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just make sure you order her food ASAP! Toddlers don't like waiting! We have been taking DS out since he was born and I take everything that's been mentioned but as pp said they get excited to be out and will have fun just playing with the family! ( take extra snacks in case there is a long wait !)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!
    Dinner is going well
    Just about to head home now (we only live 15min down the road from the restaurant) Surprisingly she has been happy to sit in the high chair loving all the attention from family, she got a little grumpy at the beginning as there was a heap of balloons and she wanted them all so the IPad did come in handy as did the paper and pencils.
    We might have to do this more often, it's been really good for all of us.
    I did bring her PJs so fingers crossed she falls asleep in the car and we can just pop her into bed when we get home.