+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Period 2 weeks late but not pregnant...?

What could this be?

I know I should see a doctor but I can't get to one for a couple of days and I'm just wondering whether anyone here has experienced this too and what it was.

My cycles have been getting longer and longer each month for about 4 or 5 months and I have been feeling like my period is coming for the past couple of weeks but still nothing. Last cycle I was just over a week late and was feeling ill for that whole week, then my period only lasted 3 days, was very heavy and I passed a lot of clots (usually it's heavy for the first day and lasts 5-6 days).

Any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a similar situation to you at the moment so hope someone has a response. After my d&c I had my period and now I am due for the next one (9 days ago) and nothing. I have done a pregnancy test also. (but with hubby away this isn't even possible) I like you keep feeling like I am getting my period.

Hope someone can help us out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also in the exact same boat as you op. I am 2 weeks late atm and no sign of af. My cycles are all over the place now for the last few months. I had the mirena out september last year and i was regular straight away but this year i haven't been. I am so over it. I have been to the dr and they just say wait till 12months then come in without doing any tests. rrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 months?! That's ridiculous! Why are they so reluctant to do tests?
    I have always had incredibly painful periods, and a few years ago I had about 3 months of excruciating pain every month, I couldn't get out of bed for days it was so bad. Went to the doctor and was told 'oh it sounds like you might have mild endometriosis, but theres no way to tell without a test and that's really not necessary now'. Umm?!

So frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know. I was frustrated. We have 2 children and after dd was born I had the merina inserted as the pill and i don't work. We always wanted another child and my ob knew this, she said once we are ready i can simply have it removed and it wont effect me falling pregnant in anyway. Except here we are almost 12 months on and no baby. With ds and dd i feel very very easily so I have been shocked this time. I have been to the dr and they have said to wait 12 months because thats the recommended time frame to try without tests. They also said my periods could be out of whack due to the merina (if i knew this i wouldnt have had it in the first place). They keep telling us not to worry we are young etc. (im 23 and dh is almost 28) but thats against the point we didnt want our 3rd child having a large gap from our other children. We chose to have children young and we wanted that with all of them. I would rather not have another child when the 2 i have now are starting high school (I will only be about 30) but its not what we wanted. I just wish the 3 drs I have seen would see this. rrr I guess this was a little vent lol sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was me last cycle. When I went to the GP she said sometimes the body can just skip a period. But if it keeps happening the first thing she'd check would be my thyroid function as this can often effect your cycles.

Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1CrazyMoose vent away, I would be just as frustrated as you!
    I hate that some doctors seem to just not want to help. (unless its about contraception! Every doctor I see about anything ALWAYS asks what I'm using and then lectures me for not having the mirena, I'm convinced it's because I'm 22 with two kids). How can one say it's fine, then another say it might have been that? Ridiculous. I hope you fall pregnant soon.

Thanks Sunny! I didn't think of thyroid function. I have also put on a little bit of weight for seemingly no reason so hmm... possible.