+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My expectations were to expect the unexpected lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Californication  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I thought he would sleep through by six months. TBH I feel like a failure because he is still waking at night .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juf84 View Post
    I thought he would sleep through by six months. TBH I feel like a failure because he is still waking at night .
    If you don't mind me asking but why did you think he would sleep thru and what's your definition of sleeping thru?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I expected that they would wake when they needed to. I never really thought about how many times.

I have been incredibly lucky though. DS slept through from about 10-6am at 8 weeks and DD did the same from about 10 weeks.

DS will wake up when he's sick and lately has been waking up too. Not sure why, but we have cuddles and he goes back to bed. I don't mind. Just wish it wasn't so cold at 3am!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before I had kids I thought that I would just put them in there bed when they were tired and would go straight to sleep ... I was very green lol!!!

My ds was sleeping thru at 10wks; dd at 6 wks; my definition of sleeping thru would be at least 8 hrs. Dd was a dream she only ever had one night feed from the day she was born so was usually 2 x 6hr overnight sleeps. Ds was a nightmare ... Every 2 -3 hrs!!!

Dd was baby 2 I was much more relaxed about her sleeps and I think that was partially why ... But mostly I just lucked out with it! Dd also slept on her side with a pad in front of her to stop her rolling - she had severe reflux so she chocked on her own spew - I wonder if this was the difference too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    If you don't mind me asking but why did you think he would sleep thru and what's your definition of sleeping thru?
    I think because my Mum is always saying that my sister and I were sleeping through at six months. And when DS was born a lot of people said that it was great that he was a summer baby so I wouldn't have to get up to him in winter. So I always had that in my mind, and when we got to six months and nothing changed it was a bit of a kick in the guts.

My nephew has been sleeping through since about four months (although after spending last weekend staying with my sister I am not so sure - he cried for a long time before anyone got up to him). My parents have also been suggesting ways to help DS sleep through, bottles, cry it out etc. I am breastfeeding on demand and find it really hard to leave him for long if he is crying so those suggestions don't work for me.

I know I need to be kinder to myself - girls in my mother's group and due in group on BH have babies who aren't sleeping through so I know that DS is normal.

And apparently sleeping through is only five or more hours - I consider it sleeping through after about seven hours, eg no getting up for a feed between 'supper' (10ish) and 'breakfast' (anytime after 5ish). Anything above and beyond that would be wonderful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought my baby would sleep through at 6/7 WEEKS. I did, my sister did, a friend's baby did. Mum said just do a dream feed and sleeping through is guaranteed.....

Hahaha I was in for such a shock.

One of my close friends coslept, her baby is 7 months older than DS. When I was 9 months pregnant and her baby was 6 months and waking all night long I said to DH "babies shouldn't wake up at 6 months, they shouldn't be fed overnight by that age"

I think karma got me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought once my baby started sleeping through then they always slept thru, boy was that a misconception!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also honestly think our parents and other rellies have actually forgotten what really happened and have only remembered what was best or as close to it. My mother has no recollections at all but "thinks" my brother and I woke once or twice a night. Dad recalls it as 3-4 times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have expectations really.
    But I must have in a way because I didn't expect what I got!!
    Dd1 woke every 40 mins til we went to sleep school at 4 months. And that is no exaggeration. Day and night. After that she wasn't much better. She didn't sleep all night til after 3 and at 5 we still hear from her a lot.
    Ds I guess I did have expectations, and that was that he HAD to be better than his sister, surely nothing could be worse than that hell.
    He ended up with a whole set of other issues, reflux being the main one which affected sleep. He was not as terrible at sleep as his sister but not great. He slept through at 2.3 years.
    Dd2 has since arrived and again I thought surely not again!!! But alas 6 months down the track and she wakes between 5-8 times. Another refluxer.

My expectations are not high. I can cope easily with 3 quick wakes a night. But more than that over a period of months and years is too much for me.