+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I need a slap!

argh I just overheard my colleague just announced the boss that she is pg. (I wasn't ears dropping, the door was wide open and I sit right in front)

I don't know why but it does not make me happy. I just feel so jealous and like it should be my time...

What's wrong with me????
    I need a good stop-being-so-selfish slap me think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was majorly cranky when my sister got a bfp the month i miscarried.

Its normal to be jealous, doesn't mean you're not happy for them.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Its totally normal to feel that way! You dont need a slap at all as Nemmi said although all you feel is jealousy at the moment you can feel that as well as being happy for them. I felt the same way when my sister got her bfp and she has just had her baby and to be honest Im still not over it! I cant help but feel jealous and maybe even a little bit annoyed every now and then that I am still TTC. Its completley normal, don't beat yourself up...we can't help how we feel especially if they are somebody we see all the time. Massive hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My SIL has 4 kids. Around the time we started trying, she announced she was pregnant, turns out twins. I am struggling so much with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Sounds pretty normal to me. I turned into the worst green eyed monster when my sister announced that she was pregnant (2 months before we started TTC). I was thrilled for her but I wanted it to be me! And now that I have my DS, I found that I still felt a bit jealous when my SIL announced her pregnancy. Which is crazy because I definitely do not want to be pregnant right now!!

Don't feel too bad about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by juf84 View Post
    Sounds pretty normal to me. I turned into the worst green eyed monster when my sister announced that she was pregnant (2 months before we started TTC). I was thrilled for her but I wanted it to be me! And now that I have my DS, I found that I still felt a bit jealous when my SIL announced her pregnancy. Which is crazy because I definitely do not want to be pregnant right now!!

Don't feel too bad about it
    My sister announced she was pregnant 3 weeks after DS was born and I was overly jealous even though I had just had DS! Although, I was overly jealous because I knew I wanted a small age gap between my children and wanted to be pregnant again, geez Im crazy lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal, even if you like that person. I had a friend get pregnant while I was going through a fertility battle, and I was doing IVF while she was pregnant. Fortunately I fell before her baby was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you need a slap. I think you need a big hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    aaaaaw you are all so sweet....!! Thank you

I have got over it now I think. I'm happy for her, and I will get my time soon I'm sure! Our manager won't be happy with his 2 employees on maternity leave